Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

More Volts, Lower Current?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
DaveFlynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Volts, Lower Current?

I've been working on an idea to make my plane fly faster without exceding the max ratings of the battery or ESC. This morning I flew a 6lb plane on a 9S1P 2100mAh, HV45 ESC, 4120-9/640Kv motor, 12x4 APC prop. On a 6S1P 4000mAh pack without my controller it pulls 36 amps static at 11,000rpm (900 watts). With my controller it pulls 20 amps from the 9S pack at 9700rpm (650 watts). In a short (3 min) flight it used 500mAh and flew faster than with the 6S pack, also nothing was hot after landing. Is there any interest in such a product? Would you be willing to pay about $55 for it? It sits in the wire between the battery and the ESC, and between the receiver and the ESC. When the current goes over the set limit it reduces the throttle setting. If I get a few emails asking for one I'll layout a PCB and build them. [email protected]