Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

AXI4130 Rear mounting Plate dimensions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

AXI4130 Rear mounting Plate dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:02 AM
red_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXI4130 Rear mounting Plate dimensions

Hello,

I want to build a SU26MX and use a AXI4130/20 motor.

The problem is with the rear mounting plate (AXI4130RMS) shown in the picture.

The M3 bolts used to mount the plate to the firewall are not big enough because I need to install some spacers between the motor and the firewall and M3 bolts are just not strong enough (I am thinking about the torque generated by this motor), and also M3 x 60mm bolts are rather hard to find.

I am thinking M4 or M5 bolts, but the plate shown in the picture does not provide enough clearance between the bolt head and the motor, so I can not use any bolt bigger then M3.

So a new plate must be designed and cut. In the attached picture I can figure all the diemnsions exept the center hole (I do not actualy have the original plate)

Can someone, who has such a motor and this mounting plate, measure the center hole in the plate and tell me the dimensions? Also I would be interested in the thickness of the plate. The drawing shows 4mm. Can someone confirm this dimension?

Best regards,
red
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41939.gif
Views:	9
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	848902