Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

can i buy some flight time?*rant*

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

can i buy some flight time?*rant*

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i buy some flight time?*rant*

i hate my rc hobby right now!!! i have 4, almost five rc planes right now. BUT i can never get them to fly right woithout something screwing it all up. my planes ALWAYS have either electrical problems(99.9 percent of the time), or i don't have a certain spare part to fix it. the only flyable plane i got is a slow stick, but the battery sucks on it, i won't charge right sometimes, and other times, it will give me awesome power for a long time. so here's my situation; my formosa needs a new reciever and a battery ballencer for the new li po i got for it, my f22 park jet needs small props to fit it and a reciever, and my new almost built plane needs a boom for the tail. the hobby shop nearest to me is 2 hours away and i'm a 15 year old kid with not much money! so if i break something, i have to wait 8-10 weeks to save up to get some new stuff. i think i need to just go back to my old hobby for a while; guns and fishing. sorry to offend anyone if i did, but i need to go let off some steam(beat the crap out of the heavybag in my room)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:17 PM
wings 540

Default RE: can i buy some flight time?*rant*

Ya, I am in that kinda situation too (well not really) but I have that same problem. when I break something i eather don't have the $$$ to fix it or I have to wait a week or two before I can get to the LHS............I HATE IT! what kind of Tx and Rx are you useing and what is the batt 4 the SS. maybe i can help? just hang in there it is just a phase, it will pass. and while you wait do something fun with your SS. And about that electricle problem, before you even think about pluging that batt in MAKE SURE you have everything hooked up properly. (red to red, black to black) and your not alone, on my first ARF I pluged a servo in backwards and .........it died.

hope this helps
Old 02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Gulliver

JUst think how great you will feel when you get it all straightened out.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Tram
My Feedback: (6)

Welcome to the hobby..

I think we've all be right where you are...

I used to do simple stupid "rush" jobs that cost me a few airplanes.. I am still trying to learn when to not fly..

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com