Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

College student ineed of help selecting planes!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

College student ineed of help selecting planes!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 AM
gyazbek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College student ineed of help selecting planes!

Recently I moved up far north to college, and along with it came the sad farewell to my nitro airplane
I've been feeling this absence for too long, soI got the urge and went to the local hobby shop around town.. as usual, a hobbytown USA.
After spending about an hour there, I became enchanted with the possibilities of an eletric 3D flyer. (which meant I could keep in the dorm since there is no gas), but the problem was money.

I told the sales personI was wiling to pay 150$ on a nice setup (plane, esc, battery, charger, servos, and motor) I brought my TX/RX from home. He kept bringing these bnf crappy planes that fit on top of a book. So I set together a nice ARF foamy (i forget the name, but its those thin ones just for 3d), and it came out to about $150 But, there was the problem of the battery and charger. which added an extra $70. After my talks with the man about how I could get the same thing on hobby king for 1/5 of his price,I quit on the purchase. BUT!!!as soon as the manager walks in and shows me this nice (Typhoon 2 3D RTF), I just caved... I really wanted a BNF since I don't need an extra TX/RX, but then I'd have to buy a battery and a charger which would bring the cost up to 240 with tax. I paid 229 with tax for the RTF...
Thing is, I'm kind of regretting it.... I havent even taken it out of the box because of exams, but I feel that I don't need an extra controller and receiver and I also that I paid too much for a foamy...

Sadly I can only get store credit....What do you guys think? ShouldI try and hustle for my money back, return the product and do a cash back on the card, or trade it in for a simulator or something better?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM
gyazbek

Default RE: College student ineed of help selecting planes!

Anyone? I only have till wednesday to return/exchange. I actually called up and might be able to get cash refund.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Indy Park Flyer

Default RE: College student ineed of help selecting planes!

If your not happy with your purchase, and you think you can get a refund, then I would return it. I understand wanting a good electric park flyer on a small budget. I would recommend going to www.hobbycity.com. They have a good selection of 3d electric park flyers for $100.00 or less, and some are RTF, or include everything but the battery. I just bought 2 lipo batteries from them and I paid less for both batteries than I would have paid for one comparable battery at another site.