Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

starter plane

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
jasonsrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter plane

just got my first rc truck on its way. the traxxas emaxx. my wife is interested in flying as we have a friend that use to rc planes and helicoptors. can you guys help steer me to a nice starter airplane. i want something easy to fly but i dont necessarily need the cheapest thing out there. i want quality, and something that will keep my interest for months to come. thanks,
jason
Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Aircraftfreak15

Default RE: starter plane

id say start with the park zone um j-3 and fly that for a while intell you are realy comftuble with it and move on to a parkzome t-28.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Dr_Chuckie

Whatever plane you decide to get, do yourself a favor, join a club and get help from an instructor. It will shorten the learning curse and save some of the frustration. I would offer the suggestion to go with a bigger plane such as the E-Flite T-34. However, alot of people in our club have learned on the T-28 and the Apprentice.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
jasonsrc

thanks for the tips. ill check them out after work. who should i buy all that from?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Dr_Chuckie

Look for your local hobby shop. Not only can you buy your gear there but can usually get advice and help with setup, etc.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM
DanVI

ORIGINAL: jasonsrc

just got my first rc truck on its way. the traxxas emaxx. my wife is interested in flying as we have a friend that use to rc planes and helicoptors. can you guys help steer me to a nice starter airplane. i want something easy to fly but i dont necessarily need the cheapest thing out there. i want quality, and something that will keep my interest for months to come. thanks,
jason
I would suggest this one
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL2725

Eflite Apprentice. I started a few months ago and this is a great plane to learn with. I would also suggest you get a simulator, pixles are cheap and you learn a lot before you even get to the field.

Dan
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
jasonsrc

anyone know of a good review for beginner planes? id like to learn more first.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
jasonsrc

what do you guys think about this one?
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...Z2600&CartID=1
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
LarryV

The very best beginner plane to get is a GWS Slow Stick, just about all hobby shops carry them, they are easy to fly, will carry lots of payload, easy to modify to ailerons will loop and fly inverted. This URL will take you to a site that provides Hop ups for the slow sticks. http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Sl...-&-Hop-Ups-249