Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro T-28 BNF issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Callum81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro T-28 BNF issues

Hi all,

Bought myself a micro T-28 BNF and a spectrum DX6I to go with it and since then I have had 1 maybe 2 good flights out of the thing! It constantly wants to turn left...likes to loop and this is all on trimmed control surfaces. I nearly lost it today when it decided to loop constantly about 1 minute into the flight and then spiral turn left.

I've tried putting full right rudder trim on and the plane still tries to go left also!

Any ideas?

thanks,

Callum
Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
cjg

Default RE: Micro T-28 BNF issues

Check the control linkages. They maybe out of adjustment or sticking. There is a little "u" loop on each linkage that allows you to adjust them. Pinch the "U" to shorten the linkage, spread the "U" to lengthen. Do this with all trim settings on the controller at center. Adjust the linkages until the control surfaces are centered.

Also, check the center of gravity. If it is nose heavy, you be having to adjust too much "up" elevator trim, thus making it "loop" at higher speeds.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I'm wondering if the motor is mounted to the wrong direction- you should have right thrust/down thrust, as this model seems to be very susceptible to torque and P-factor. Some the the UM models are coming with poorly/incorrectly mounted motors. Also, make sure the NAVY decal on the left side fuse isn't interfering with the rudder control rod. I had to trim mine flush because it kept grabbing and binding, really messed up the flight characteristics until I fixed it. Check lateral balance as well as longitudinal balance too- something isn't right, these are great flying little planes.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine would veer left and loop  crazily when I first flew it.  I found I needed to hold right aileron when launching for it to fly straight, but a touch of up elevator and it would loop.  I had to make minor adjustments to the elevator link and the ailerons too, but you have to open the fuse up to do that. 

Flys nicely now that I made those adjustments.