Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

FLYZONE ALBATROS

Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
lanny haff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLYZONE ALBATROS

I have an albatros I'v had it for awhile but I flew it once + it crashed into the antenna on my truck + damaged the wings which I repaired with packing tape. Itried to fly it but it makes a buzzing noise like the motor gear isn't engaging the prop drive gear but the motor gear doesn't appear to be turning either. How do I get to the motor with out breaking anything. I would also like to replace the wings while I'm at it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Lanny
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Digital Don

Default RE: FLYZONE ALBATROS

Hi Lanny,

If the plane hit on the spinner the whole shaft may have been pushed back. If that's the case the main gear has shifted out of position on the shaft and no longer engaging the pinion on the motor. The only way to get at the motor is to split the fuselage. It's not a big deal. Just take an X-acto knife and cut through the seam. The fuslage halves are put together with double stick tape so just take your time. You'll also have to break the lower portion of the wing struts away from the bottom wing. Do this carefully and you'll be able to reassemble it later using foam safe CA.

Good luck!

Don

Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 AM
lanny haff

Hey DON I got it apart without breaking anything but the motor armature spins but the motor shaft doesn't turn I ordered a motor + gearbox from lhs 6$ so now it should fly again.. thanks for your help Lanny
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Digital Don

Great! It will go back together just as easily.

Don