Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Corsair micro, problems, fixes.

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Parkzone Corsair micro, problems, fixes.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 AM
DeaninMilwaukee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Corsair micro, problems, fixes.

I bought the Parkzone Corsair micro in part to my excellent experience with their Micro t-28, and in part because its a Corsair. I've got a " thing " for Corsairs.

I had two problems with it however.

The first was power, and was due to the stock beautiful scale prop. While it takes off ok, top speed is limited and it has very little vertical making even nice round loops hard to accomplish. The solution was easy, swap on the t-28 prop. The only downside is it loses some of the good looks the stock prop provides. Heres a pic with the two blader.

Second problem was more serious. Even with a 160 sized battery pushed all the way forward, it was still tail heavy. While flyable, it made smooth landings almost impossible. The plane will pitch up on final flair, bounce, and 1/2 the time wind up on its back. The solution was to remove some foam to allow the battery to go further forward.

Now the plane is fun to fly, with flight characteristics very much like the excellent handling t-28, plus, its a Corsair.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Corsair micro, problems, fixes.

Gee, sounds like I wrote this post!

The battery fix I found a simple solution to, get a couple Blade mCPx packs, and notch out the battery area on the plane. You get more flight time, and the CG is much better.  I too had to swap out the prop, had exactly the same issues you described.  I used a Sukhoi prop on mine, and it flies great, just watch those landings, the wings and tail are much more liable to crack  than the ones on the T-28. I need a new tail for mine and the wing is due to be replaced.  My T-28 however has at least 60 flights on it and it looks like it went through a war as a target.  

The nose is munched, the prop shaft is bent, the wings have wrinkles, the paint is all chipped off, the fin is held on with tape, but it still flies great. 
Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM
DeaninMilwaukee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cg thing threw me a bit as I never would have guessed a prebuilt plane would have any problems in this area. At least it was easy to fix. Also, isn't the sukhoi prop the same one thats on the t-28?

Dean

Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I would have to look again, but I think the Sukhoi is a bit thinner than what is on the T-28, and may have a bit more pitch.