Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

DWE new products

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
dhurd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DWE new products

Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now carrying the new JMP receivers. We have also added the Kenway 4.2:1 gearboxes too.

Regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
www.smallrc.com
toll free: 1-866-FLY-MICRO
Old 10-07-2003, 10:28 AM
jimbosstuff1

Default RE: DWE new products

Hi Dan, Just received my rffs ,to cool, My frist leap into microflight.A question for you or anyone else, can you use the actuators in a elavon mix? For a flying wing type plane. Just read Matt Keennons, Magnetic centering, what a great read. So I'm in the shop looking for something magnetic, old speaker mags, My wifes kicthen refrig. mags holding up her notes....and I came accross a magnetic business card, Ha! a hole punch of the right sizes and I have bunches of little magnets that can be stacked and glued to the actuators for the centering...what do you think? Electric-Jim
Old 10-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

The easiest way is to mount them inline and rotated 90 degrees. I don't think fridge magnets are very strong for the weight. Better ones come from ( http://www.wondermagnets.com/cgi-bin...ymium&start=30) (items #047 and 048). Even RS magnets would be better if you decide to mount them side by side. You could get another set of magnets from DWE and have a spare set; one of those is plenty of force and should be located ~1/4" away from the coil.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 PM
jimbosstuff1

Thanks for the info Mike, My other questions where answered as I read down the threads,about elevon mixing, duh! I have a punch set I use making gaskets for all sorts of stuff,1/8 up, the 1/4 punch gives a nice size of maganet disk from a about 4mm magnetic stick-on sign, the kind of cards used for business advertisements. I used two stuck together and they centered the auctuator with athority at least to my guess (on the bench) . I really won't know until I mount them on a flying surface and blow on them with a leaf blower!! ya right..these are just something to play with until I can get the real thing,however how does that go ( the mother of invention) The magnetic sign I have is about 4x6in and say Unless your nude please don't set on this vihical.It was on a tank at a milatary show.and free... E-Jim