Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Bit by the BUGZ!!!

Old 04-13-2004, 09:50 PM
VA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit by the BUGZ!!!

Hi all
Im new to electrics and micros at the same time . Ive been a 40 -91 size nitropilot for years now. I recently finished a Byron F 16 and love the hobby.

But I have got to dsay, I flew a friends 28 in wingspan foam electric extra lookin plane. What a pisser. Fun as hell, light, no heavy flight box, no feul pump, no greasy feeling allover after a few hours and best of all no cleanup!!
I have been eyeballing the BUGZ line and now see there are Microbugz, Id be up for one of those!!!

Is ther a company that will sell the reciever, with the plane and servos as a combo with a decent battery and charger?? Or if anyone has these start up supplies you have my ear!![8D]
Old 04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
snakeX2

Default RE: Bit by the BUGZ!!!

well i surpose there is the 'cheap' park flyers you can get, ( sold in England for around £ 100) they dominate the cheap end of flying and they come with everything you need to fly, but they are not very hot or powerful. there are a few companies i know of who sell orders worldwide of complete deal sets, but please reply if you want there names or any more details. you couldn't be more specific in what sort of planes your looking for, you mentioned a certain plane, i don't think i heard of them...please reply..
Old 04-19-2004, 08:19 PM
VA

Anything that will fly slow and turn tight will do. with landing gear and complete flight pack for undeeer $200.00USC
Ill hold out for the microbubz due out soon.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:57 AM
snakeX2

i saw one of those BUGZ planes, they sure do look neat! i m not sure if they can be brought as a complete set, probaly can...
If you want something that can fly slow and turn tight, it depends on where you want to fly it, indoors? outside? in a small space? when you say landing gear, do you mean retracts with all servos and hardware? i have a few electric planes and gliders but they never came with a complete set of all gear and that, but i have seen a small selection of complete sets on the SMC site (www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk), i think most of them were fun electric gliders,last time i looked. price range seemed resonable. They also sell a few cheap parflyers, all ready complete with everything, in your price range..but they also sell the largest assortment of everything RC i have ever seen! There are many other sites as well, perhaps you would like to know them?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:20 PM
VA

Im looking for something with a 16 inch or less wingspan, with fixed gear, and servos, reciever etc included. Offer me a package deal or similar and Ill take an honest look.[8D]
Old 04-21-2004, 10:44 AM
snakeX2

16 inch is almost definetely a small, light weight plane. check this link for some complete sets, although they are probaly not what you are looking for, this site has alot of stuff in it....[link=http://www.hobbytron.com/Electric-Planes-Hobbyzone-Planes.html]http://www.hobbytron.com/Electric-Planes-Hobbyzone-Planes.html[/link]
The Hobby Zone - Firebird Outlaw RTF Electric Hobby Zone sounds good and its cheap, but its probaly not what you looking for.
[link]http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xDN-Planes,_Boats_and_More--the_gadget_store[/link] has a plane, but i haven't looked properly yet
[link]http://www.rctoys.com/products.php?GTSE=goog&GTKW=rc%20planes[/link] has loads of micro stuff!..and a nifty eyecam!
[link]http://www.backyardhobbies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BACKYRD&Category_Code=bugz[/link]..has some BUGZ RC planes complete with everything!
[link]http://www.mentorrc.com/links/latest/bookmark.htm[/link] is a massive archive of RC model links! just take a look!! I think they have just about book-marked every single site there is for RC planes, aerodynamics,etc...!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:23 PM
davidcollins001

This may be a little expensive for what you want but check this site out, look at the receiver, $95, but comes with 3 ch receiver, crystal, speed controler - Ideal for a really small project!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:42 PM
VA

Send that link again!!