Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

DWE, or smallrc.com

Old 06-07-2004, 04:28 PM
zero1954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DWE, or smallrc.com

[:@]

Has anybody else had any dealings with DWE, or smallrc.com. I ordered their Pitts combo more than a month ago. They have billed my credit card on 5/6/04. To date I have not received my plane, they don't answer their phone, and they don't answer their E-mails. Is it a scam company?

I would be very cautious about dealing with them.

zero1954
Old 06-08-2004, 01:05 PM
snakeX2

Default RE: DWE, or smallrc.com

Im having problems with a company at the moment. I ordered a liPo batt and charger 2 months ago but it stilll hasn't turned up. I'm sure its no scam company, but why does it take soooo long! I guess we all may well have to wait a little longer? He who waits, gets what he wants!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Ravenwing

I suggest not dealing with DWE. I ordered a stick plane in January. They charged my credit card for over $200 in January and still have not shipped the plane (it is now mid-June). I've e-mailed DWE dozens of times with no reply. I try leaving phone messages but their inbox is full. The one time I was able to leave a message I never did receive a reply.

As far as I can tell, DWE is not being run as a legitimate company at this time. Charging my credit card 5 months ago without shipping the goods is fraudulant. And, I try calling both of their listed phone numbers on their website and e-mailing them daily with absolutely no reply.

I have contacted my credit card company to report the charge as fraudulant.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:14 PM
[email protected]

Hi everybody, i got problems with DWE too, IĀ“m from south america and it appeared a charge for U$32 on my credit card, i never bought anything to them by this value, before i bought some items to them and i received them whitout problems, actually on item was on backorder and they sent it to the next two weeks i think, i donĀ“t remember well. I started the investigation with my bank for this charge. I sent them some mails asking about it but i havenĀ“t got any answer. ItĀ“s not a SCAM page or FALSE site, i think thereĀ“s an employer which is making fraudulents movementes inside DWE.

THANKS.....
Old 06-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

I've met Dan Hurd a number of times, at Toledo, NEAT, and at the Aeroflakes indoor fun flies during the winter. He's in Buffalo, not that far away.

He isn't the sort that would ruin his reputation over a paltry $32, or $200, or $232. In fact, he went out of his way to replace some actuators that I damaged, free of charge.

Last I knew, his wife was VERY pregnant, and he was overwhelmed with everything. Also, for some reason, some mention of complications in the pregnancy or with the child itself sticks in my head, but I don't want to start any rumors. It does stand to reason that with a family member having a crisis, along with a regular day job that pays the bills and puts food on the table, that the side business would go to the bottom of the priority list. Given a dire enough situation, the side business could well be abandoned in place. I know if I had a choice between making customers happy and spending time with an ill family member, I know what my choice would be. If yours would be any different, you've got your priorites messed up.

Please keep in mind that this is only speculation on my part, and not in any way factual. It's just what could be, not what is.

Let me check around with people who are more familiar with Dan to see what the situation is. Knowing what I know of Dan, I probably won't want to know what's going on because it's got to be serious if he's abaondoned his side business.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

I have heard from a very reliable source that Dan and Joanne were simply overwhelmed with the new baby, and got behind. They've taken steps to remedy the situation, and should be catching up as time goes on.

Perfectly understandable. Many of our favorite businesses are run in the owners' spare time. Add a new kid to the mix, and the term "spare time" becomes an oxymoron.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:21 AM
dhable
My Feedback: (3)

I just ordered a "Lil Skeeter" combo from DWE and received it within 10 days. I'm sure their operations are back close to normal.