Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Flying Styro P-47 conversion success???

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Flying Styro P-47 conversion success???

Old 10-03-2004, 07:58 PM
stripey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Styro P-47 conversion success???

Hi all,
I returned from the park with my busted up Flying Styro P-47 a while ago and was wondering if anyone else had converted this rubber job into micro r/c with success. I used a geared M20 motor, JMP receiver with two Falcon servos (ailerons and elevator), and one cell 170mah. All up the weight was 31 grams, which seemed within flyable range. Anyway, the thing responded like a dog with very little aileron response and ended up coming in at 20 feet or so. The foam fuselage ripped in a couple of spots. I think I'll move on to the Dumas P-47 to see if I fair better.
Jon
Old 10-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Woody 51

Default RE: Flying Styro P-47 conversion success???

Flying Styro or Alfa P47?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 AM
stripey

That's true, Woody 51. I thought it would be a no-brainer conversion and it turned out that I was the no-brainer!!! Anyway, this is the Flying Styro P-47 kit with the 13 inch wingspan. For those not familiar with it, an example can be seen at www.hobbyclub.com.
Look in their freeflight and co2 kits section.

Jon
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Woody 51

I couldn't get in to the site you named. But no matter. (I must admit that i was not aware the F/S made a P47.)

If your having a bummer of a time with the F/S kit, then try the ALFA one. It's a beauty as are all the Alfa foamies.

If you are interested, e-mail me and I will send you some build tips as there are a few weaknesses that can bite you in the......!

However all can be overcome easily with a few simple and at no cost, mods during the kit build up process, leading to a very efficient little model.

Most feedback on the various Alfa's is positive and there are many contributors to this forum that have 3 or 4 in their "hangar."

On the other hand, there are a few who have had a bad time with them, (as with any model) but overall, positive feedback seems to outweigh the negative.

Have a look at one. Won't cost you anything.