Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

IFO batterys

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IFO batterys

im looking into getting an IFO mk3 and i want some nicad batterys so that i can quick charhe them , my esc can handle up to 16 cells, my charger only charges 6or 7 and i want the thing to hover so could i put 2 6 or 7 cell packs together or would that be to heavy? im using the 300 c gear drive, and i have everything else micro, i want to try this thing out before i buy expensive lithuim batteries, thanks for you helllp
Old 10-24-2004, 05:31 PM
wildthing7037

Default RE: IFO batterys

Hi,

Nicads are just too heavy. You wont be able to hover it on a 7 cell pack on a GWS power system. Also, the GWS motor will burn out quickily on anything above 8 cells, including 3 cell lithium packs.
What I recommend is that you get a pack of KAN 650 NiMH cells. These are lighter than a 600 size NiCD pack, and these cells put out good power. Also, if you want to push these cells, you can charge them at 2C (1.2amps), but a cooling tube of some sort is recommended.

Stefan
Old 10-25-2004, 03:05 PM
danvel

I have the IFO MK3 with a 2 cell 1500mA Li-Po and it hovers for 2-5 seconds when it's fully charged.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:49 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

what kind of motor? and whats the cheapest pack and charger i can get? i wanna get the most out of this thing, i want some vertical too what about a 3 cell, also what kind of fly time do you get with one of those? thaanx for you help