Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy an exceptional micro plane...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Looking to buy an exceptional micro plane...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Steve CT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy an exceptional micro plane...

What is a really good micro plane to buy. I would be using it indoors. I would like to find at least a 3 or 4 channel if possible.

Do any come RTF or ARF?

Thanks for your replys.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:07 PM
urs

Default RE: Looking to buy an exceptional micro plane...

exceptional micro plane....go look at

http://www.didel.com/Frames.html?MainFrame=News.html

and have a look at his new 6 grm micro flyer ...comes built with everything..and I mean everything to fly it. look at the videos
a truly remarkable design . Expensive, but you get what you pay for.
urs
need any more info just e-mail me
Old 03-14-2005, 02:39 AM
michaelstx

Would you happen to know where I can get a plane of simillar size to this one for around $150 that supports RF?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:27 AM
urs

Hi
the didel model comes with everything and I mean everything needed to fly it including radio transmiter reciever actuaters li-poly accus charger ect, everything is especially adapted for this model, so even if you got just the model your own gear would be too heavy.
Your best bet is to build someting like the kolibri with uses the same methodes but is larger ...then with experiance you could go smaller ....look at this site for plans and instructions.
http://www.homefly.com/reference/Kolibri_plans.htm

urs
Old 03-14-2005, 03:59 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Look at the BackYard Hobbies "BUGZ" series of indoor micro planes.[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Tim Wolff
My Feedback: (4)

http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=13&Itemid=32
Old 03-23-2005, 02:41 PM
ronmar1

I have a Mini stick made by Dan Leonard, that I will sell. It's absolutely, an exceptional plane. It flies great. Like new condition with no damage. It also flys great outside in low winds. It has a 16x3 inch wing made of 2mm depron. Flying weight is around 1 ounce with a 250 mah lipoly. It will fly about 15 mins on a charge.
It comes with the JMP combo rx, 2 250 mah lipos, 2 BSD standard acuators, M 20 motor with Kenway 4.5:1 gear box, 2 blue 10cm props.

Asking $200 shipped and insured.

Here is the description from Dan Leonard

MicroFlitecraft
MiniStik
M-20 Motor with Kenway 4.5-1 gear box.
Most powerful motor for its size available today.
Airplane flies well at half throttle with plenty of power to spare for aerobatics.
Quick Change Bayonet Style Motor Mount
Carbon fiber rods slide into silicone rubber tubing to dampen noise and vibrations that would be generated to the airframe. The entire gearbox can simply be pulled out to service or replace in case of damage. This mounting makes for a much quieter airplane.250 mahr Lithium Polymer Battery
Lightest weight longest lasting rechargeable battery available.
Flight times of approximately 20 minutes with throttle management.
Ultra High Strength Carbon Fiber Tube Fuselage.
The strongest lightest material available today. Stronger than steel lighter than aluminum. It won’t warp or bend and it can handle that occasional ruff landing.
Carbon Fiber Rods
Are press fit into the fuselage to hold the wing, battery, actuators and landing gear. If one is broken it can be pushed out and replaced.
Battery Hold Down is a single rubber band and carbon fiber rod.
In case of a crash, on impact, the battery will eject and not contribute to damage to the aircraft.
Landing Gear (Real Airplanes Don’t need to be Hand Launched). Spring steel with one inch ultra light nylon wheels attached to the fuselage with a single rubber band. In case of a hard crash the rubber band will break without causing damage to the airframe. It then can easily be replaced.
Wing is High Density 2mm Depron Foam
It is an under camber design with washout built into the tips for better stall characteristics. It is slid onto two carbon fiber rods and is held in place with one piece of high tec scotch tape. It comes painted with a light coat to save weight. It requires no struts or wires for support and is very durable. If it is broken it can easily be repaired with foam safe CA or white glue or tape.
Pushrods are small carbon fiber rods
They have adjustable brass and steel z bends at each end and are the strongest lightest pushrod you can make at this size.
Horizontal and Vertical Stabilizers are High Density Depron Foam
They are flexible enough to not break easily yet firm enough not to flap in the wind. The control surfaces are hinged with 3M Surgical Tape across the entire span so there is no air gap. This gives better control response but this tape is so pliable it doesn’t cause binding of the actuators. Special control horns are installed with connection points on the centerline of the hinge with the length the same as the actuator arm.. This gives equal movement in both directions and proper geometry for maximum actuator power. The entire assembly is slid on to the fuselage via an aluminum tube. This allows for easy replacement.
Tail Skid Micro Spring Steel drilled into the fuselage. Light and durable.

LMK if interested.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60804.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	248020   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44650.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	248021  
Old 03-25-2005, 06:29 AM
EchoBravo
My Feedback: (220)

Plenty of great micro-flyer options here:

[link=http://www.slowfly.com/index.chtml]Dynamic web enterprises[/link]
Old 03-27-2005, 07:58 AM
flyingace451

Ronmar, does the dollar come with it? LOL
Old 03-27-2005, 04:02 PM
ronmar1

Well if it's going to stand between me making the deal and not, I guess I could let it go. You drive a hard bargain though!
LOL
Ron
Old 03-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Bill G

I am not sure what you mean by "micro", but I did a 20" ME-109 Fly Zone conversion, which was very stable in flight, and not underpowered. I believe the ME-109 configuration is probably the best of the bunch.
Specs:
Cirrus 4.4 servos (rud/elv)
Caslte pixie 7 esc
GP 180 direct drive/GWS 5030 prop
2s 350 mah lipo