Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Drypipe, the ace is 2 channel, proportional turning. A 3 channel jet version is due to be released in Europe in a few weeks, which could mean waits of up to one year for one here. The spinmaster corp is really quite good at not supplying the need that they have built. Tim
Old 05-11-2007, 07:17 AM
RetiredRoadThunder

I was going to buy a jet today, but they don't have the green decal set, , walmart only carries the jets, in 4 decal sets. The 12th airboune purple one, orange skull the one with two red stripes in the foam and one that's all black and green decals. THey also have the f-16 one that ahs the wierd controller. TRU has a lot of them, but never seen the starship-like ones that was in the orginal X-twins, and there was suppose to be two bi-planes I've only seen the usual bi-wing in the green and yellow.

They sell a Skyforces one for 20 dollars, looks like only of the balsa wood throw gliders with a motor and remote, the motors are fully removeable since it was made to be able to switch the motors to another plane and they sell differnet plane sets without motors.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 AM
skunkworks2006

I love that so many people are getting interested in the AA's and other micros. I don't want to sound impatient or like a jerk, but many of the topics that people are asking Q's about have already been covered here. I know it is a long thread, but if you do a search and some reading here, you will be greatly served by the vast amount of knowledge and experience of other posters (I know I learned a lot).
Please don't be offended. I was green once too and asked a lot of Q's that already had answers. Just know that there is a lot of info here don't sell yourself short by starting over. Learn from the experience of others so you can take it to the next level and bring us with you.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Chris 1

Well, mabey some people dont have to patients to search throught 203 pages to find an answer to the question.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 PM
skunkworks2006

There's a neat little tab at the top that says "search"
Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
ehelibuff

Well, I may have set a record. I flew for 40 min on one charge last night at the lowest throttle, and gentle turns at work; I clocked it by the starting time on the dashboard clock, til I ended the flight finally. I was flying the red T-tailed canard plane with some down trim tabs cut from a beer can of my choice , and a split shot a lil smaller than a .22 bullet nose weight, like a pencil eraser tip. (Beer cans work better than other soda cans for the following reasons of being more enjoyable emptying the can for the plane before flying!) It flew til the esc cut off... Never lagged in power throughout the full duration. My weather conditions were dead calm as indoor conditions. Afterwards, it took 1.5 hrs to recharge before the light finally went out! Anyone else done that before??

I have no stickers on the plane either, to save weight.

Eric
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20028.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	682255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89435.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	682256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25571.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	682257  
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Parky50

ORIGINAL: skunkworks2006

There's a neat little tab at the top that says "search"
Hey skunkworks,

One thing that has always "bugged" me with the search... Is there an easy way to perform a "Search this thread" ? Every time a do a search I have to go back to the root directory tree and pick out the correct forum, not very thread specific. [sm=confused.gif]

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Helibuff, good job. I find it hard not to get into attack profiles. That tends to kill the battery faster.

Skunkworks, I am most often the guy answering the questions. I don't mind the questions. The other option is the aeroace mods thread. Last year no one had any answers to the questions. I've decided that if anyone has a question I'll provide the answer as best I can. I check in regularly, so you don't need to worry about helping the newbies.

Any and all, ask any question. You might have one that gets me to build out an ace in a different way, just to see how it works. Your interest will help keep this thread alive.

Tim

PS, checking the aeroace mods thread would be a good start. I'll send you there first anyway. Tim
Old 05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Cards15mc

hey how do you attach landing gear . I am anew to this so I need help
Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
frank10

my aero ace jet won't take a charge. any tricks to get it to start charging again?

when I connect it, I see the green light flash briefly, but that's it. this jet is a great flyer, so i'm anxious to get it working again
Old 05-12-2007, 01:02 PM
ehelibuff

usually thats a sign of changing the tx batts.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:06 PM
ehelibuff

attack profile kills the battery? whatcha mean?.. The attack style planes eat more battery in general? I noticed my F-16 gets only a 2-3 minute flight MAX!

Last night my lil Acro-Jet was doing normal times with 6-15 min flights..
Old 05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
skunkworks2006

Hey skunkworks,

One thing that has always "bugged" me with the search... Is there an easy way to perform a "Search this thread" ? Every time a do a search I have to go back to the root directory tree and pick out the correct forum, not very thread specific. [sm=confused.gif]

Thanks,
Mike
[/quote]

That is a good point, Mike. If you scroll through the forums at the right to "electric indoor and micro flight" you get closer, but there isn't a search this thread like over at RC Groups.

I guess I was having "one of those days" when I posted earlier. It just seems like we're going around and around on some things. It would be nice to be more organized, but free flow of thought is what makes this community so good.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Cards15mc

I just cant keep the landing gear up with the tape any tips
Old 05-12-2007, 04:03 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cards, I have not done lg because I fly outdoors over grass, but there are several versions on the aero ace mods thread.

Frank, Eheli is correct, that normally means you need to change the batteries in you tx. The batteries don't charge well below 1.35v each. If the batteries are new try turning the tx on then charging, once the green light is on you can turn off the tx. The other option is a worn out charge plug. That usually takes several hundred charges to accomplish.

Eheli, when I say attack profiles I mean setting the plane into dives and swoops, same basic thing as stunting but to my mind you need some wind to stunt. That is about the same conditions that let me fly up to 300-400', I mean dead calm. High barometric prussure is also helpful.

Tim
Old 05-12-2007, 04:14 PM
ehelibuff

Ahh ok. I do a few swoops once in a while. I like to go for duration, and height; See how long, and far up I can go. Of course at night, I just cruise around under the street lights at work. I work security in the grave shift, so there's nothing else to do..

I just pulled my batts out to check the status on them. When my Li-Po goes, i'll get a new cell from batteries america. maybe get one with slightly more mah..

Eric
Old 05-12-2007, 06:03 PM
keebler
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Cards15mc

I just cant keep the landing gear up with the tape any tips

I just used" hot wheels "axles and wheels and hot glued them onto a piece of fan fold foam!!
hope this helps ya'...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14886.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	683087  
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Eheli, I have some 12-20c 100 mah batteries that I keep meaning to put on e-bay, they are smaller than the full river 10-12c 100 mah batteries that come with the plane. I'm testing some 12-20c 135 mah batteries right now. So far I like the 135 mah batteries better, so this may be the last round of 100 mah batteries. Maybe I'll get a weight differential. Hmm.....

Tim

Way to go Keebler. Tim

OK, the 100 mah batteries are 0.6g lighter and perform as well or better than the factory battery.

Heli, have you thought about adding lights? DJStinger used to have light kits available. Megabyte-2, has a store with all the gear you would want if you want to build your own light kit. I have one with an led on each wing and an led in the nose. Megabytes store is on the aatoolbox. ARS software. He also has plans and is willing to answer questions about lighting. Tim

Old 05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
PrkFlyrRic

Hey Tim,
What charger are you using for the small cells?
Ric
Old 05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ric, I'm using a triton jr for my planes, but the built in charger will charge the 100 mah's. Since I charge my 135's at 100 mah the onboard charger should work as well. HMM..I'll fly one of my 135 mah batteries and then charge it from the base charger. Ric, the 100 mah battery is what the charger is built for. When I do testing I use the tx charger, I get less power and duration, but for testing that is the way to go. BTW, the lipo charger is a new addition. The high flights, and long flights were done with the standard charger. Tim
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Cards15mc

Has anyone picked up a Venom Potez? It looks cool and flies great in the videos I have seen. Just wondering
Old 05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
ehelibuff

The LED deal sounds pretty cool! Yeah eventually i'd like to up the batt capacity a lil. I got a 25 min flight last night with my acro jet.

What size is the stock battery in these, and where is it exactly located in the nose? Is it in that cut out hatch? What about finding the antenna and pulling it out? Does that help anyone?

Eric
Old 05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Cards15mc

Dos anyone know how to fix a cracked prop or put a new one on a Aero Ace mine just cracked today
Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
ehelibuff

thin CA and rub it in with your finger.. it doesnt weigh much. Or buy replacements on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Hogs-R-C-Aer...QQcmdZViewItem

This is a link...
Old 05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Tim Taylor

Darn, I need a set of those, what a bad day to be really broke!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.