Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Smart Aero Ace

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:42 PM
schuh007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Aero Ace

This is really weird, I was flying my AA in a field behind my house, and the wind picked up, so I decided to push its limits, then it flew away. So I went home devestated[&o], only to find it upside down on my roof!
How random was that, with no damage too!
Old 12-29-2005, 02:45 PM
motormat

Default RE: Smart Aero Ace

dang man you got lucky me and my cusin where flying mine and the wind picked up so i told my cusin to bring it down it the wind took it up up up and away dont know where it went im going ot get another today thats awesome thoe have fun
Old 12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
schuh007

Ive got a dying question, Do you think its possible to get working contorl surfaces on this thing, Prolly have to use thoes Bluebird microservos. But then it would need more power, so mant loopholes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

schun007,

there is a mod you can do to add an actuator so you could have a rudder, but thats it. its a pretty easy mod if you know how to wind your actuator or already have one. you just solder one of the leads from the actuator to the Positive lead of the left motor, then solder the other lead from the actuator to the Positive lead of the right motor. i dont think the AA would like the weight of BlueBird servos, they're relatively light, but its still extra weight (not sure if the motor outputs could drive a servo either). actuators can be made incredibly light, and you can now buy ones that are very light too.

i've done this mod on one of my planes and it worked well. there is a catch though: since the actuator is connected to the motor leads, it means the actuator is getting power at all times, which means more drain from the battery and shorter flight times. if you have a high Ohm coil (200 or higher would be good probably), the current drain probably wouldnt be too bad.

nick
Old 12-31-2005, 12:13 PM
schuh007

ok Thanks, I'll try that after the new year
Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

ORIGINAL: motormat

dang man you got lucky me and my cusin where flying mine and the wind picked up so i told my cusin to bring it down it the wind took it up up up and away dont know where it went...
Hey, have you had a look on your own roof??
Old 01-01-2006, 08:54 PM
motormat

ne it was at my cuzins house we checked his house but no luck it might be on the back side of the house we thuink it landed on i bout another one thoe got money for x mas lol well thanx for the advicee