Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Event Controlling Software

Old 03-11-2006, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Event Controlling Software

Hi Guys

We were talking earlier today about the benefits of moving away from our magnetic name board and manually controlled clock for next year's indoor flying season. Lots of guys had ideas as to how to assemble the needed hardware (computer, PA system, etc.), but the consensus was that it would be a bit of a pain to produce the software.

The software should:
Keep track of the membership and their frequencies.
Produce flight groups of 5 or 6, or whatever, and do frequency deconfliction, based on attendance.
Time the flight windows (3 or 4 minutes, as required).
Thirty seconds before the end of a window, announce the next flight group (by name).

Hopefully that makes some sense!!!

Anyone know where we can find such software?

Gudmund
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Event Controlling Software

I think the hardest part of that order to fill will be the auto anoucement..from a I assume the names in the system. Text to speech programs would have to be tied in and will probably be poor at pronoucing last names. Other than that part someone slightly more adept at programming than me could probably swing something like that without too much problem in something like visual basic. You could like perhaps run an overhead computer projector/DLP on a wall, have some sort of audio tone/alarm and flash the next group of peoples names on the screen in an attention getting fashion and display the count down timer or what have you.

I don't have your solution but I though I might offer a bit of input as to perhaps coaxing someone to program something for you.