Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What mini???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 01:15 PM
EvaderMaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mini???

Ok, so I have had experience with the wattage micro flyer and let me tell you it was not a good one. I threw it did a circle came back, stalled and broke prop and cracked gearbox in halve.[&o]. I know that wattage has came out with the new rookie but I have heard it does not handle crashes well, now apposed to the aeroace wich I have heard is a great little plane.It should be small enough to fly in an average sized yard. Any other suggestions welcomed.....

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 PM
phoenix22

Default RE: What mini???

aeroace is the best get it!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:59 PM
EvaderMaster

Ok, so I do like the aeroace........ I've heard that toysrus carries them (Am I right?). My question is that does the aeroace actually have a rudder (to stear it) or does it have the one motor off method?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:06 PM
phoenix22

2 motors to steer but when turning it dosent shut off the other engine and it does have a rudder but it needs your help to move it
Old 05-06-2006, 09:31 PM
EvaderMaster

ORIGINAL: phoenix22

2 motors to steer but when turning it dosent shut off the other engine and it does have a rudder but it needs your help to move it
Confused........ so what your telling me is that it does have a rudder but needs your help to stear???????? Can you clarify that for me?

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

there's no moving rudder. the two motors run at the same time during straight flight, but when you turn, one motor speeds up and makes the plane turn. its just thrust differential steering, but it works quite well, very manuverable. the steering isnt proportional, but the throttle has 7 speeds, so its pretty easily controlled. i've had 5 year old kids fly the AA, and they'd never flown anything in their short little lives (their dad however couldnt fly it, and he is my boss, so it was even better )

nick
Old 05-07-2006, 03:05 AM
zero74

The aero ace is awesome, for 30 bucks one can't go wrong. I have took my bottom wings off, and put a small screw in the nose to better balance the plane. This thing is so cool! If your just getting an AA fly it stock a few times and if you want to take the wings off just do it very slowly as not to damage the plane, they are just glues on. If you don't like the way it flies than just put the wings back on. If your flying indoor in a very confined space like a living room make sure you keep the bottom wings on and lift the tail flaps to increase drag. Also the AA does not work well in winds over 6mph, the plane is superlight and I have already lost one AA well flying at about 100' up. The wind just took it and never let down, I chased it for about a mile, on the positive it was a good workout.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:07 AM
zero74

The aero ace is awesome, for 30 bucks one can't go wrong. I have took my bottom wings off, and put a small screw in the nose to better balance the plane. This thing is so cool! If your just getting an AA fly it stock a few times and if you want to take the wings off just do it very slowly as not to damage the plane, they are just glues on. If you don't like the way it flies than just put the wings back on. If your flying indoor in a very confined space like a living room make sure you keep the bottom wings on and lift the tail flaps to increase drag. Also the AA does not work well in winds over 6mph, the plane is superlight and I have already lost one AA well flying at about 100' up. The wind just took it and never let down [&o] , I chased it for about a mile, on the positive it was a good workout.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:29 AM
shmokinmonki

After playing with eleccy helis, I moved over to fixed wing for something different..
So after a trip to the LHS, i came home with a Wing Dragon Sporter ( the Begin Air in over parts of the world), but i havent flown it yet i was still waiting for the right (perfect) conditions for its maiden.
That was a month ago, and i was getting itchy feet to fly it, so after readying on the forums about the "Air ace X", i decided to get one (not expecting much), opened up the box, and still didnt expect much..........
So then it was to charge and chuck in a rucksack and take the dog for a walk...........got to the field........and launched it up (it was about 3 mph winds if that), and wobble a few seconds and the was flying like id had it for years.
So after a big grinning walk home (knowing id save myself a fortune in parts by using this as a trainer !!!), I just had to give a right up...

1, It looks cheap.........so what it flys great, and u cannot see detail that high up
2, U can carry it anywhere
3, Gives good spacial awareness that a RC sim cannot
4, They bounce well
5, U can get them in three channels, cool get the mate round for a dog fight after the pub..................[>:]
6, A similar controller ( two sticks, unlike some single joystick), helps you get to grips with both sticks
7, Easy to modify alittle.
8, Indoor (just!)
9, Its cheap (not to be mistaken for no1)

Downfalls

10, only two channel (throttle turn)
11, no distance throttle shut off (wave goodbye on windy days......but any model can do that with inexperiance)
12, Spares, battery will die some day, but hey, there cheap (see no 9)

As for spare props, its a push prop,so not had any strikes, but ive heard the company that now has the license has only just caught up with demands for the product, but is in the process of creating a parts supply for these little wonders...
As for the planes here in the UK, Toys R us doesnt have em, but an electrical place called "Maplin", there address www.maplin.co.uk , u can check online availablity......
Old 05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
EvaderMaster

So basicly what your trying to tell me is it's worh the money..
Old 05-07-2006, 09:53 PM
phoenix22

yes
Old 05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
mecevans

take advantage of the warrenty for 5 bucks over there