Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Maxit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Just in case your looking for Air Hog Havoc Heli sites that have them instock I found this site and ordered 3 myself.
Who knows how long they will have instock. This site is in Ontario Canada but shipping was cheap for ground at 10.95
and Havoc Heli were at 29.99. Ordering the three Havoc Heli and shipping came to total of $100.06 USD

http://www.mastermindtoys.com

If you look on left hand side of menu you will see "search by brand" click air hogs.

Seems only one that still has a few left and who knows how long till ANYONE gets anymore.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:32 PM
eenie1

Need to buy two of the "good ones" as bday gifts for my nephew and bro-in-law. Where is the best place to buy and how do I make sure I'm getting the right one? Seems there are a couple bad knock-offs out there. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:05 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi Guys, Ron have you done the hinge axis mod? The gentleman that designed the heli is the author, it is on the picco z toolbox site. This heli is not meant to to a bunch of hovering, if you set your trim for a perfect hover you will have issues going forward. I have not seen the air hogs instructions but I have 3 silverlit picoo z helis. That was the name put on them for the final shipment prior to AirHogs taking over.

My buddy, a former heli crewchief came up with the best mod I've heard of. This allows both hovering and forward motion. He took 3 sewing pins with beads on the ends, one in the centerline and one in each wing and balanced the heli from there. He said it took a couple of charge cycles to get it perfect, but he can fly and hover and land at will. Unfortuneately I have not been able to convince him to post the mod.

Tim
Old 03-24-2007, 11:56 PM
alph

I'm glad I picked up acouple when these came out! I think Walmart out here keeps them on the shelves as a rule. always a kick to play with this after work. Weather out here is still nasty so it was a great investment. the cats love this toy!
Alph
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

I bought mine at Target last night and flew it 3 times. The girls, 13 and 8, just had to try it but I was affraid they'd destroy it. After my wife gave me a look...I reluctantly handed them the TX. Long story short...they're both helicopter pilots now and it's still flying great. This is the best $29.95 I've ever spent on R/C (IRC).

Yak
Old 03-25-2007, 12:40 PM
darticus

Go get a Air Hog Aero Ace Bi Plane go outside and have a ball. A spot about the size of a basketball court is cool! ENJOY! Ron
Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
theyellowdartmti

Hey guys.
You know how on the directions for the heli it says as a way of trimming to bend the tail rotor 90 degrees either way?
Well I did that just a few minutes ago and heard a slight snap. I'm not to sure what I heard (no visible damage), and the thing seems to be flying ok, but I just want to make sure I didn't mess any thing up on the inside.
Anyone have any ideas?
thanks! -matt
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Matt, I'm thinking what you heard is the glue breaking. I'll pull out the directions if need be, but right stick will allow forward motion and left stick will slow forward motion. Remember this is a 2 ch heli, if you get the balance just so, it will perform close to a 3 channel heli. Did I mention that this heli is not set up to hover a lot? Hovering takes constant feeds from the controller. Have fun, Tim
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
theyellowdartmti

Thanks, that helps a lot!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I'm happy to be of service. Please check out the picco z thread and the picco z toolbox. Some of us have been flying these guys for a while. They were marketed under the picco z name originally. I do not want to sound like an @#@#^^%& but you'll find a lot of info on the picco z thread. Have fun, Tim

BTW, tail rotors are available at , for-kids-online.com and allerc.com. Tim
Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
MINICooperS

Thought I'd chime in that the tail rotor mod of adding a drop of 5-minute epoxy to both rotor blade roots will make the rotor blade practically indestructable. I've been on the same original one for 6 weeks now.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Lawfree

After getting my 1st Authentic Havoc Helic and having it suffer from my learning curve, I shopped for another. While waiting for new parts for the CF/bearing mod, I shopped for another Heli by price. The one I got through Amazon was a clone made by SYMA and marketed as Mini Helicopter 607.
I was disappointed but decided to examine it anyways. My personal opinion is, it has better electronics and not only is built better than my Air Hog unit but flies better! The trim controls on my Havoc seem to do nothing, but work great on the SYMA unit. The fit and finnish on the body and other critical parts seems better on the clone unit also. Maybe I got an early production Havoc. All in all it is a great little heli.........

LAWFREE
Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 AM
eenie1

Fabulous...I just bought two from Amazon. Hopefully they'll be successfull gifts!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
alph

I gotta say I have yet to have any bad experiences with this little chopper! When I finish I put her back in it's box and on to the bookshelf it goes with the others. Your right about the hovering and how one has to double time the controls. AirHogs commercial shows them picking up a figure from it's helipad but that's sort of dumb "Just my opinion" As I said the cats love to sit and watch then when I hover around they run from the rotor wash. As for spare parts the internet is the inly source for now.
Alph
Old 03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
whiteshark107

Just wondering if anyone knew if it would affect the flight any buy removing the plastic covers for the main rotor gear. My left one was bent out of the box and only flies to the left. So far I haven't had good luck with these but haven't given up yet.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
alph

Which Plactic Covers?[:'(][:'(]
Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
whiteshark107

The plastic cover that covers the main rotor gear. Located on the outside body just under the main rotor.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
whiteshark107

Never mind it was pilot error. Flies great
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
alph

Hi Whiteshark,
I knew you figure you machine out! don't forget to put alittle tape on the tips of larger rotors. This keeps them from chipping when we hit stuff[X(] Alph
PS I can send photos of mine if you need to see this....
Old 03-28-2007, 07:23 PM
MINICooperS

Fry's Electronics was offering the MicroGear (Airhog/PicooZ) for $21.99 locally. This version says 12-15 minutes of flight time on the box so you get 10 "quality" minutes compared with the advertised 6 minutes on the Havoc which translates into 4 "quality" minutes. The specs show the same capacity Lipo as the Havoc so perhaps the motors and circuitry are more efficient? Maybe second generation?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
whiteshark107

Thanks Alpa this thing rock. I now own 2.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

minicooper, if there is not a silverlit or airhogs label on the heli it's a counterfeit. Period. I'm not saying that it won't fly, but the info on the electronics here will probably not be helpful. Tim
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
MINICooperS

I haven't needed to dissected it yet so I don't know about the electronics except to say that they consistently fly 10 minutes plus and I've never heard of a stock Havoc/Picoo staying airborne that long. As far as if it's counterfeit or not, I'm not a coin collector so it really doesn't matter and it will probably never show up on Antiques Roadshow. I've done all the inquiring I'm going to with Silverlit and this guy named "Alexander". They don't seem to be willing or able to answer my simple questions regarding their "patents". If they've truly got coverage they ought to disclose it. You can't just patent a "helicopter", that would be like patenting the "wheel" or a "ball", can't be done in and of itself. Copyrights and trademarks are completely different from patents.
Cheers! I'm going flying!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
alph

I just read the post on copyrights. It is apparent what these companies are guarding. Asking questions about a products engineering isn't gonna get a guy anywhere! The fact is the two companies involved have claim to intellectual property. The only recourse an engineer has is to reverse engineer the product and make it as good or better than the original. The Pc board and radio are the heart of this little machine. The heli wouldn't fly too well without the wide scooped blades and counter weights. There again is another thing to figure out. The PeccoZ tool box has a set of wiring schematics for any brave soul to figure out. Just can't figure out where your coming from on the issue. Almost like asking KFC what the special ingredients are!

Trade marks are easy AIRHOG/SilverLit are patented trade markes that can NOT be used with out a licence.....Alph
Old 03-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Lawfree

It would be interesting to do a poll and rate The Air Hog Havoc Heli MFG. by Spinmaster, PicooZ MFG. by Silverlit and the various Clones under different names. The Mini Helicopter 607 I got through Amazon has no MFG markings on the box but does say SYMA on the sticker on the Right side of the Heli (I believe this is the MFG). This clone is a far better unit in all respects to the Air Hog unit. I am wondering if mine wasn't an early production? Maybe somebody knows how to tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.