Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

1st microflyer - SCRATCH Built!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:09 AM
lightman281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st microflyer - SCRATCH Built!

Okay folks.. I've been airplane RCing for about a month now.. And I've just built and successfully glided my future park flyer! My own design and scratch built.. Just had this insperation and sat down and built it.. No plans or templates.. Just built it..
The intent is a SLOW flyer for flying indoors with moderate aerobatic capability. Semi-symetrical wing, V tail, and all balsa covered with saran wrap.
I do think I goofed.. The tail section needs to be about 3 times the size, but works for now. Just need the electronics now
Let me know what you think!
Wade
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	54230_22863.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	33674  
Old 02-13-2003, 09:59 AM
cabanestrut2002

the v tail is too small and the wing will probably be a bit weak, but it looks like it will fly
Old 04-09-2003, 04:51 AM
jimjacobs

Looks cool. Are you going to use electric power?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:28 AM
lightman281

Well.. The saran wrap plane flew under electric power.. But on it's 2nd flight, the main wing folded after about 10 seconds..Has since been replaced with a GWS cub.. The cub is great for anyone interested!
After it was mortally wounded it has been reduced to scrap now some of it braces the motor mount on the GWS cub.. So I guess it still flys in a way..
Wade
Old 07-27-2004, 05:40 PM
SaMx

Default RE: 1st microflyer - SCRATCH Built!

i think part of the reason you crashed is that it looks like an unstable model. the V tail is small, and the wing is low , with no dihedral, plus, no aileron controll.