Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aero Ace Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Heli007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Ace Motors

I have been reading all the mods about the aero ace bi plane and have not seen anyone change out the motors for the aero jet ones. I mention this because all of my bi planes I not only take the bottom wing off but I put in landing gear and install the jet motors which are much faster and the plane really comes to life. My son has the bi plane with one wing off course and everytime he flew it it needed some pizzaz. So last night while he was sleeping I put in 2 jet motors in his plane and he took it out this morning and the plane flew flawless. I couldn't stand watching the bi plane with the stock motors, it looked like the plane needed a good swift kick and thats what I did[X(] And if anyone wants to know where I get my jet motors, I had about 3 jets which barely flew. I have one sitting here with just the body everthing else has been taken out. The rx lasted about a month so I had to strip a new aero ace single wing plane and install it on my bi plane With the added power on my bi plane I do touch and go's very easy and the plane takes off every time even if its low on battery. I get a good 10 to 15 minutes per flght and my airplanes take alot of abuse. By abuse, sometimes the stop sign or the palm tree gets in the way and smacks my plane down. But she gets back up and keeps on flying with no problems and I'm sure that was the reason I had to change the reciever out on it. Heli007
Old 03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
andrewtexas123

Default RE: Aero Ace Motors

Did you tell your son that you changed them?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
}---O---{

Pictures...I want pictures......
ORIGINAL: Heli007

I have been reading all the mods about the aero ace bi plane and have not seen anyone change out the motors for the aero jet ones. I mention this because all of my bi planes I not only take the bottom wing off but I put in landing gear and install the jet motors which are much faster and the plane really comes to life. My son has the bi plane with one wing off course and everytime he flew it it needed some pizzaz. So last night while he was sleeping I put in 2 jet motors in his plane and he took it out this morning and the plane flew flawless. I couldn't stand watching the bi plane with the stock motors, it looked like the plane needed a good swift kick and thats what I did[X(] And if anyone wants to know where I get my jet motors, I had about 3 jets which barely flew. I have one sitting here with just the body everthing else has been taken out. The rx lasted about a month so I had to strip a new aero ace single wing plane and install it on my bi plane With the added power on my bi plane I do touch and go's very easy and the plane takes off every time even if its low on battery. I get a good 10 to 15 minutes per flght and my airplanes take alot of abuse. By abuse, sometimes the stop sign or the palm tree gets in the way and smacks my plane down. But she gets back up and keeps on flying with no problems and I'm sure that was the reason I had to change the reciever out on it. Heli007
Old 03-17-2007, 01:59 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Heli, I think that DJ stinger and I are the only ones to admit to trying this on this forum. I went big with mine and it failed terribly. Dj did his positioning the motors in the normal spaces and loved it. I'm currently going through old planes and refurbing them. Adding a charge port and resetting the aero. I assume I'll ge to the mono-jet later this week. Tim
Old 03-17-2007, 07:38 PM
zoil leader

hey dudes i had a small idea that is if you buys one of thoes balsa wood gliders and you attach the aero ace engenies on to it fly..... but i need to kno where to get some motors.