Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

MicroGear Ecoman (Havoc/PicoZ) Heli REPAIRS!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

MicroGear Ecoman (Havoc/PicoZ) Heli REPAIRS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Xanthius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MicroGear Ecoman (Havoc/PicoZ) Heli REPAIRS!

Edited now to list some repairs I have done;

I have the MicroGear Ecoman Heli from FRY's and I am new to this forum. I came here looking for help after having to perform repeated repairs, and now see tons of mods, suggestions , excellent pics....so I just wanted to add a simple thread for things I have noticed. These are the relatively simple things to check if you are having heli problems.

Hopefully this will help any (fellow) newbs.

Wobbles
1) Check hair/debris caught in tail or main rotot shafts. Easily removed.
2) Check loosness of main stabilizer blade. I lost the top cotter pin and had to twist 3 very small staples together to create a replacement cotterpin, bending the ends around and clipping.
3) Check weights under stabilizer blades. Mine lost them on one side and had to be super-glued back in.
4) Check main rotor shaft.

Lack of power
1) Check battery power in recharge unit. Need good batteries.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
MINICooperS

Default RE: MicroGear Ecoman (Havoc/PicoZ) Heli REPAIRS!

Xanthius
You shouldn't have too much trouble with this heli. I purchased 6 from Fry's and am still on the first one and fly it multiple times daily. The power is awesome compared to the Havoc/PZ. I've just started doing hot laps with it around my living room and am up to 62 so far on a single charge. If you reinforce the tail rotor blades with epoxy you should have a machine that is practically indestructible.
Cheers!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
MINICooperS

My luck just ran out!
Was on lap 72 when I struck a ceiling fan chain and knocked a chunk out of my main rotor! Seemed to have alot of charge left so I'm now real curious just how many hot laps a guy can get out of one of these.
Stay tuned.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Xanthius

I got wobble that won't go away.

Not sure where it's coming from, but I plan on replacing my main rotor as soon as it comes in, as it started this wobble after my cotter pin flew out. My 3 twisted staples look very sturdy and well placed, but I suspect there is some slight looseness still there.

Will update when replaced.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Xanthius

Decided to post something I noticed.

With short bursts of thrust , then letting the blades settle, you can check your balance. I found that the weights I had replaced were lighter than the other side, so I am in the process of balancing my blades.

Hopefully THAT will get rid of the wobble I am seeing.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 PM
mocars2

I got a terrible wobble too - it threw a weight and now after gluing it's still bad. any help would be great
Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
mocars2

Well I used your short burst method and saw the side with the weight that I re-epoxied in was still lighter than the other side that i just put a dab of epoxy on so it would have more holding it down. It was off so much that I took an automotive fuse; cut off one of the 2 prongs (chysler type) and taped that to the top of the blade. It was about the same size as the weight below and it seems to have balanced it a lot better. More testing is needed and I can't believe that it needed that much EXTRA weight on that side.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
mocars2

Well I got a great tip on balancing. To use blu tac. I just had a bottle of white out that spilled awhile ago and when I picked it up - it was stuck to my desk. I got it free and the stuff I scraped up off the desk was like the clay stuff called blu tac. I used it on the fairy where the added weight was and it did the trick. I dremmeled a little on the other side so I didn't need to put on too much of the dried white out. It was like clay - just tear off a little and roll it on your fingers and then press on to the rotor. worked great - nicely balanced.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
heli-kid

hey dudes, dont double post some people will curse you out for it. i dont mind it but im just trying to save you all the trouble.