Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Want a small Trainer plane NEED HELP TO FIND

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Want a small Trainer plane NEED HELP TO FIND

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a small Trainer plane NEED HELP TO FIND

Have a small 1/2 acre yard and need a small trainer plane so I can learn to fly so I can try 3D. Ron
Old 04-21-2007, 12:30 PM
FMB42

Default RE: Want a small Trainer plane NEED HELP TO FIND

Hi Ron,
Hobby Zone has a number of small electric RTF trainers that you can get started with for about $50 and up. A trainer will be the first of several steps toward your goal of flying a 3D model. Consider the following before you fly;

Make sure that you go over the setup, etc. as per the owner's manual. Correct center of gravity (C.G.) is critical for new pilots.
Fly in zero or near zero wind conditions.
Make slow and very small control stick movements so as not to over control the plane. Give the plane time to react to your commands.

Have an experienced pilot help you with the setup and your first flights if possible and consider getting a SIM. A SIM can save you lots of time and money when it comes to learning how to fly. Some SIMs to consider are listed below;

FMS or Flying Model Simulator is a free SIM that you can download from the internet.
ClearView is a good SIM that runs about $50 and is also avialable on the net.
RealFlight 3G can be purchased at many hobby shops and costs about $250 or so.

Run a search on "SIM" or "simulators" for more info. and be sure to check out the Simulator thread on the RCU "Planes" forum as well as the "Electric Training" and "3D Electric Flying" threads in this forum.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
darticus

Thanks for all your help! With my 1/2 acre yard I like to stay real small and that little one I sent the link for is only 15 inche wing spand. When it comes out I want one.Ron
Old 04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron, if you have a small park nearby a slow sick could be an option. Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 03:07 PM
darticus

Where do they sell that? What the name again?Maybe I'll check it out but I still like the 15 inch Cessna.Ron
Old 04-21-2007, 03:35 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron the GWS Slow Stick is a beginners plane. Tower carries them, allerc.com has them, epyaya has them. Your lhs probably has some. I pre ordered the cessna today, but won't see it until some time in June probably. You have mail. Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
darticus

Think I will order also, the green looks good. Who did you order from? Never preordered before.They charge it after it is shipped.What color did you get? Is the Cessna as good as the GWS Slow Stick or better? Ron