Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Any micro 3d planes out there?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any micro 3d planes out there?

Our club just had our first indoor fly in and I just realized most of my fleet is to big. I would like something with a 22" or less wingspan....like a yak or such that is 3d capable. Is there such a thing in an arf or kit?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:38 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Any micro 3d planes out there?

MR.Mugen you might look at the lightflite bug. The kit comes with everything but a radio set. I have just switched out my servos from the kit set to hs-55's, but in talking to the gentleman that produces them it seems I may have gotten a bad set. The wingspan is about 23". It's an elevon and rudder 4 ch. It will slow fly and can fly like a rocket if you give it full power. And it is a bit of a dream to fly.

Tim
Old 02-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Mr. Mugen

I actually got to see that plane in action yesterday. Not what I was looking for. Neat little plane though. A pal just got back from e fest where be bought his. Looking for something with a "plane" look. Is anyone making little 3d planes? With wings? and a tail?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
weeweeboi

i suggest getting plans and building your own
Old 02-16-2008, 05:15 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Mr. mugen, there is a gaping hole in the market at his size. Oh, wait I think I just remebered a plane. I'll go check.

Tim
Old 02-16-2008, 05:24 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Here's one that is supposed to be great, but the ws is 35" http://www.hobby-lobby.com/shockflyer-yak.htm . Yeah I just checked out Plantraco as well, nothing great. You might go with Fahim's suggestion. Find a set of plans for the yak and downsize it.

Tim
Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 AM
dirtjumpdaniel

palm z
Old 02-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Mr. Mugen

Palm Z makes a 3d? I have a few of the bipe's but they are nowhere near 3d...

I suppose in a few months or so someone will come out with one. I was thinking about a FFF yak55....anyone done this? Hard to believe noone has one now. 3d is so popular...I figured there was already a arf or such available. I am not looking for a sport flyer or scale flyer....simply 3d. I may have to design one. No biggie.

Thanks guy's,
Kevin

PS...that flat out you linked me to......I have currently. Too big.......
Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

hobby lobby had a small Yak at one point, but i think it got discontinued. the links below are for some home made mini/micro 3D planes, and for the Micro Fatty plane.
there's not a lot in this sector of the hobby, but its getting there. with some 2.5 gram servos, lightweight RX, lipo, and one of the smaller BL motors that are out now,
you can get a pretty small functioning 3D bird.

24" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290997
24" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818760
25" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272582
21" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...06#post8159506
7" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1518231
http://e-foamies.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=22
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/106561...t_3d_rc_model/

nick
Old 02-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Mr. Mugen

MB- Thanks a bunch! Thats what I was looking for. I love the vid of the yak. I may try to duplicate that one. It should not be hard to make. I need to learn about these micro servo's now. I am guessing 55's are way huge. I will look into it asap. Thanks again!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:04 PM
micro_builder

no problem, glad i could help. the little yak in the video is very cool indeed, its certainly reproduceable, but it can get costly when it starts getting this small.
Blue Arrow makes some standard cased servos that are pretty light at 2.5 grams and higher, Falcon makes a micro servo that weighs 1.6 grams, and now
there are new muscle wire servos that weigh only .8 grams (HS55s come in around 8 grams or so). there's also lightweight brushless single cell and two cell
ESCs, RXs, and of course micro brushless motors (ranging from 1.5 grams to 8 grams). you can get just about everything above from these sites below:

http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/
http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/index.asp

both companies are very good to do business with, indoor flyer is overseas, but his shipping is fast and his prices are good.

nick
Old 02-19-2008, 02:42 PM
tankertoad

Donuts Models Nano 3D line. They are designed to use the flight pack out of a ParkZone Cessna 210/Citabria. They run the ailerons off the rudder servo and it's only 3 channel, so it's not quite 3D yet. Hobby Lobby carries the larger Donuts Models planes now. I would look for the Nanos on there once they release them. I think some folks are planning on using Plantraco gear for a 4ch brushless set up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15891.jpg
Views:	1168
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	883175  
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Fisher

WOW! Those Nano 3-Ds are smokin. I will have to pry open the wallet when they are available.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well I am building one as I type...waiting for glue to dry. I am making a yak out of FFF for starters. It may or may not fly but this is my first proto type of this size...we'll see. I need to order servo's asap. Could someone give me a non bias opion on servo's? I am not looking for budget servo's yet the best for the money/weight. I like quality before price for sure. I see lots of them out there but never dealt with any of them. So what is the best say 4.5g servo?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Mr. Mugen

http://e-foamies.com/store/catalog/p...products_id=41

So the micro fatty is on my list and in my cart already. Does anyone have this plane or know anything about it? It is right in the dimensions I was looking for.

Kevin
Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Mr. Mugen

Here is what I built today so far. No plans just an eyeball and a ruler.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53359.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	888958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84777.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	888959  
Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
weeweeboi

build a nasty with scaled down plans. Whatever the plans are half it
Old 03-04-2008, 04:26 PM
darticus

Where are the Nano 3d's for sale or maybe the Palm z 3D's? Anyone have a link. Ron
Old 03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

http://e-foamies.com/store/catalog/p...products_id=41

So the micro fatty is on my list and in my cart already. Does anyone have this plane or know anything about it? It is right in the dimensions I was looking for.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, thats pretty much what I was looking for too,..I didnt see the home link, where is that place?..Rog
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Mr. Mugen

I have no idea. I emailed him several times asking about the fatty and never got any response. Bummer! Wonder if he is too busy or just doesn't check his email? I really would like to get that plane asap for the few indoor club meetings we have left this year. I know it would be a hit! I want to know what size stuff to use so I can order it all at once.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
The_Lost_Otter

i found a web site a few days ago, i think it was an edge or extra or some 3d plane. but there planes are 500+ for micro 3d. imho it aint worth it
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
tankertoad

The Nanos are supposed to be on the Hobby-Lobby site, but they (Donuts Models) say they are in talks with a "larger, more well known" company. My guess is Kyosho, which means you may eventually see an RTF Nano 3D plane sold under the Parkzone name. They did that with the Kyosho Minimum line (Parkzone Cessna 210)
Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Mr. Mugen

I talked to Tim the owner in a few emails finally today. He suggested this for the fatty. He also updated his site for it. He added a bunch of servo's and such. He just got a new shipment of the micro bluebird digital metal gear servos. I ordered 4 of those and the dualsky motor listed under the plane and the 300mah lipo as well. I have a CC 9a esc and a berg micro rx for it. I cannot wait until it gets here. I haven't been this excited about a plane in a while.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Mr. Mugen

I have been trying to find video of this plane. Has anyone seen one? If so please link if possible. I just realized I have about 10 batteries that will work nicely in this plane. I found an ebay seller who sold me 12 of the 300 3s lipos for 7 bucks a piece if I bought a dozen of them. So needless to say I bought them. I also got the same type deal on the 2s 300mah packs. They are all 20c electrifly packs too. I was amazed. I got the 2s packs for only 5 bucks a piece...
Old 03-08-2008, 03:13 PM
micro_builder

when i first found the micro fatty, i searched around trying to find some more info on it, without much luck. they used to have two differant models too, another single wing and the other was a biplane. still wish i had bought the bipe! the pink foamie you built looks good, as was mentioned in post 17, the Nasty is a good plane to go off of too. i scaled the plans down to a 21" span and it was a fun flyer, though the wingloading was a bit high.

i hope tankertoad is right about kyosho/parkzone picking up the nanos, if they make them 4 channel they could be a real blast.

nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.