Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

parkzone vapor ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
bvancoutren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: parkzone vapor ?

Thanks for the help I'll Try that and see what happens. I don't want to get used to the rudder on the right stick!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Think I'll go fly mine now. It's too windy outside to fly my foamie and I'm not loading up the gasser and heading to the field. Vapor= Fun inside anytime!
I also agree with the statements made from post # 25.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:07 AM
wsdepa

I have been flying my Vapor BNF for a week. What a blast! I fly it indoors in a gym or outside if there is no wind. It set up with my DX6 very easily. You can trim it out to fly very slowly. It will hover on the prop. It seems to be pretty durable - it's so light that there is no mass to break in a crash. I am amazed that the tiny lipo one cell lasts for 20 minutes and charges in the same amount of time.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:15 AM
sb13

You're right about the Lipo, I was suprised.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
mikec123

please people MAKE VIDEOS !!! i wany to see vids of this plane i want one but to fork out 140 bucks i want to make sure ill like it POST VIDS!!!!!! the video on there web site is the only one ive seen. need more!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:12 AM
vidal

its a great little plane try checking youtube some guys already have videos of the vapor.
great plane i have the ember and yesterday i got the vapor and im loving the way this little one flyes.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: vidal

its a great little plane try checking youtube some guys already have videos of the vapor.
great plane i have the ember and yesterday i got the vapor and im loving the way this little one flyes.

Yes, folks are starting to Youtube their vids! Thanks to all for doing videos and I hope to get one on there as well within the next 4-5 days. Mine is supposed to come Monday!

Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 AM
phillipmorris

Vapor experience is absolutely great fun, blessed with unusual steady air last few days early AM and Evening, so outdoor flying was superb, starting to get better at close in flying, even at lowest throttle can get it to Harrier with up nose(battery slides back or forward for your choice of flying performance), kind of a balancing act to bring it to a hover nose upward, turns on a dime..still need work keeping it consistantly within 5 feet, then will go back to indoors as hate to crunch it into walls tho will take loads of abuse...

It takes off from the pavement with ease very quickly, our front yard is crimped with trees but able to easily dodge the branches as it makes extremely tight turns..

Have both the Ember and now the Vapor, like both of these but hooked at the moment on the Vapor, just a few notes on handling of each

Ember rather conventional flying, faster then the Vapor, Ember really needs a larger area to fly indoors..

Vapor you could fly it right around your head if you aquire the skill and infact this has happened numerous times during my current learning phase but had trouble keeping a visual hi hi, turning is crisp and sharp, looks like a huge dragon fly inflight especially with its super slo flight and hovering ability..

BEST ..<>..
Old 07-06-2008, 03:15 AM
MurderHen

Got my Vapor two days ago and have all ready logged more flight time with it then with my Slo-V that I’ve had for 4 months. Flew it indoors at work, off of a ping pong table and some how damaged the right elevator a bit. The PET pulled away from the metal a bit, but some packing tape fixed it right up, and I can’t even tell the difference, in terms of control. Flew it in the atrium, in the outdoor basket ball court… It’s a beautiful little dragonfly. Haven’t crashed it since the maiden.

Yesterday and today, I’ve flown it for hours outdoors, with very little wind. When the breeze’s pick up, the Vapor will let you know. However, it has a surprising amount of power to cut through and land.

Some points: After take off, reduce throttle immediately. . At level flight, this little bird can be very speedy. Setting the trim with slight up elevators will make her swim around like a front yard/back yard flyer, the type that I have always dreamed of.

I’m on battery charge 18 and can’t believe I haven’t had to go to the LHS and get replacement parts. I actually took the Vapor for a walk up the street today, doing lazy eights in the street and then close by harriers when ever a car would come by.

I’m using the Bind and Fly variant with the Blade CX2 transmitter.

The included battery doesn’t mate well with the charger so I have use rubber bands to hold it in, to get a charge, and it takes a bit of tweaking to get it into position. If that was my only option, I would be pissed.

A second, after-market battery I bought pre-sale fits great. It clicked right in and charged up.

The Vapor is an incredible little airplane and has made my dreams of slow-flying in my backyard come true. Over and over and over again.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Printer Mike

I have the Ember and the Vapor. Very pleased with both!

Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Superbike1

I have flown mine indoors and out and it is absolutely a blast to fly. I love it. I need more bind and fly planes that are this good. Are there any bind and fly Helicopters out there?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Shpoa

I got my Vapor yesterday and I love it! It floats around the room and is a blast to fly. I cant wait for the weather to calm down to try it in the yard. Its nice to have something to fly when I dont have time to go to the field or the weather is not that great outside:-)
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
sb13

We had 4 of them flying indoors today. It was pretty cool to see.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Superbike1

Well I had my first casualty today with the vapor. I crashed it(don't ask) It broke the prop so I ordered another prop and also another battery. Alot of fun. If you are reading this and don't have one, Get one!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
706jim

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I lfew my Vapor for the first time last evening. It really DOES fly pretty quick if its in level flight. I get a RTF weight of 14.3 grams with the battery installed. This little bird should have PLENTY of power for aerobatics!
Thinking about buying one? DO IT! You'll LOVE it!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
RageF22

I just bought mine tonight and on the 3rd takeoff (still on initial charge) I noticed that the mylar wing film had come undone from the carbon wing at the tip. It flies fine with nearly a 1/4 inch flapping up, but I am unsure what to do. Should I expect the Hobby Shop I bought it from to exchange it or is it a self repair deal even though I only used it once with no crashes? My plan is to take it back for an exchange... I am really bummed, the first 2 flights around the room were awesome. Has anyone else experienced the mylar film breaking loose?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Printer Mike

Mine came loose on the vertical stab on the leading edge. It still flew fine with about 3/4 inch flapping.

I fixed mine using canopy glue. Just a little dabbed on with a toothpick. Let it dry overnight, and it's good as new!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
RageF22

Mike, thanks for the tip. I will look to do that if I have any other problems with the film. The local hobby store took my defective Vapor back and gave me a brand new one...great service! I'm looking forward to the initial flights later tonight.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Printer Mike

Very good news, Rage!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Tommyr

I just came in from maidening my Vapor!

I can’t say enough how AWESOME this plane is! Now I’m no pro when it comes to flying at this point but this plane ROCKS! This HAS to be the QUIETEST plane on the planet! You can’t hear it! WHISPER quiet. Less than whipser quiet! After a few attempts at trimming it I flew out the battery in my backyard. I even did several loops and I’m new to doing loops! This is the first plane I was able to do loops with!

I moved the battery back and the wing foward a bit to slow her down. She can take nose crashes into grass very well. The rudder got mis-aligned a few times on impact into grass but was easily popped back into place. THANK YOU PARKZONE! This plane is 100% PURE AMAZING! If you’re on the fence about getting the Vapor GO GET ONE RIGHT NOW!

I’ll try to video my next few flights in the next day or 2, they won’t be as good as some of you folks but they’ll be o.k.! Here’s hoping for no winds the next 3 days!

Tom
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
bvancoutren

Been flying mine for about a week. I'm a heli guy but I saw a vapor at a fly in and had to have one. My son, 8 yrs. old, has never flown anything, I handed him the DX7 and off he went, taking off, landing, flying around like a little pro. I am so impressed with this little plane, I am thinking about getting another one just in case (don't want to be without one)!!! Any one who doesn't have one of these yet does not know what they are missing. Take it from a Heli Guy, This little plane will convert you from helis and renew your love for planes.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
bd5j

When using the CX2 tx to fly the Vapor what switch positions are used?[]
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
bd5j

When using the CX2 tx to fly the Vapor what switch positions are used? thx's, Paul
Old 07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tommyr

A short (and not that great) vid of me flying the Vapor on the 3rd flight. There is a low volume high pitched noise for some reason on the vid, it wasn't present at the time of recording so you may want to turn the volume down. I know this vid isn't great but I'm new to videoing this stuff. I'll try to get a better one up soon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgoq9hOthc
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
wings 540

Well, i finally got mine last week, ordered it from americanrcoutlet.com only $122 with shipping! im SOOO glad i bought this plane, i cant stop flying it. although i do have one problem, the elivator servo jitters constantly, and it gets stuck at full deflection sometimes[&o]. does anyone know why this happens?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.