Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

New Kyosho Minium Cherokee coming out in Nov

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

New Kyosho Minium Cherokee coming out in Nov

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kyosho Minium Cherokee coming out in Nov

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but since I didn't see any other threads about it, here ya go. New Minium series coming out from Kyosho, only this time with 4 channels and ailerons. I knew there was a reason I was holding off getting the Centurion....Hopefully Parkzone follows suit.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=103625
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: New Kyosho Minium Cherokee coming out in Nov

If they would release it as a bind-n-fly I would buy one. They are a little pricey. The only one I could find was for $169.00 I am sure they could be found for less, but I couldn't find any.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
wproct

These are going to be very hard to resist. I'm thinking I will probably cave in!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any word on these yet?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Last I heard they pushed the release date back due to the aileron servo (or something to that extent).

However, there is a new 3 channel bird coming out, an Edge 540, with ailerons, elevator and throttle control:
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=104153

I'll be more than happy to wait for both planes untill they get the bugs worked out, I'm tired of being a guinea pig

Nick
Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Wheelnut

That is one sweet looking bird. I think that is the one I will get
Old 11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Micro, I'm leaning your direction. I'm thinking I might take the $150 I was going to spend on the Cherokee and buy an MCX. Then I would have the controller for a Vapor later on. Could happen soon.

Gerald, the BNF planes use spectrum technology. They appear to be a design blend with Horizon. Perhaps the reason for the E-tomics brand name? The cessna, citabria and cherokee seem to be pure kyosho. The question is whether the cessna controller will fly a cherokee. And since on 4 channel planes the ailerons are on channel 1 and on three channel the rudder is channel 1. But this is a JR style radio system this may not make a difference.

Tim

OK, the edge should be a bnf for cessna owners. And looks awesome. But I do not want to the first on the block this time. I did that with the cessna and have the controllers to prove it. Tim
Old 11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
micro_builder

The MCX is looking more and more interesting. I've got the Walkera 5#6 and its a pretty fun little heli, I love its fast forward speed and controllablity. the MCX looks like just a much lighter version, with just a slower top speed.

From what I've read, the Kyosho and the Edge electronics wont work with the Parkzone line of planes, and ParkZone wont be getting either one of the planes. I may be wrong, as I havent been keeping too close an eye on the threads about either plane, but knowing how screwy some of these RC companies are, it wouldnt surprise me.

Nick
Old 11-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Tee Bee

I've got the Vapor and Blade MCX and love them both. All my larger outdoor planes are glow powered but I love flying these little electric jewels indoors. Like some of you, I will wait a while until the 4-channel models get the bugs worked out before I buy in. I feel lucky to have some neat toys to hold me over until then. The Cherokee looks great and scale-like but I want to be able to do rolls when I buy something like that. That's what will differentiate it from the models I've already got. The Edge looks like it may have some potential, though. Time will tell.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:16 PM
cjg

Does any one know if the cherokee will actually aileron roll or fly inverted. None of the promotional videos show it inverted.

Theoretically it should as it has ailerons. I wonder why they wouldn't show it performing it's stuff. The promotional vids don't show it doing anything my 3 channel Cessna won't already do!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Tee Bee

Looks like we'll have to wait a while to see what's what with these planes.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
micro_builder

ORIGINAL: cjg

Does any one know if the cherokee will actually aileron roll or fly inverted. None of the promotional videos show it inverted.

Theoretically it should as it has ailerons. I wonder why they wouldn't show it performing it's stuff. The promotional vids don't show it doing anything my 3 channel Cessna won't already do!

They probably dont show it doing much, cause even though it can probably roll and fly inverted, it probably doesnt do it so well right out of the box.
The Cherokee and Edge have too much dihedral for having ailerons, looks like they're still gearing these planes towards the beginers, and dihedral will make it easier to fly for a newbie, but less fun for those with the right skills. With that said though, It woulnt take much to remove the dihedral out of either plane. I was able to get my bone stock Cessna to fly inverted, so I'm sure these two could also.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Wheelnut

How would you get the dihedral out?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
micro_builder

Depending on how stiff the wings are, you could use just a peice of CF rod and that'll straighten the wings. Did this with a little foam P-51 conversion and used ailerons, dont remember the size of CF rod, but it wasnt too big and hardly added any weight.

Nick
Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick, I would think the cherokee will fly fairly scale so an aileron poll would be tough due to lack of speed. I won't find out anytime soon since I bought the mCX instead. It's a blast. Another month or so and I'll be forced to try out my cp pro, although I might switch it to a cp first.

The cessna will fly inverted quite nicely, it suprised me ho well it flew. you have to rol out of it though not enough power to climb out.

Tim
Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Wheelnut

Or if you are high enough, you can pull out of it downwards.
I would suggest putting some time on a good flight sim like G4 before you put the CP in the air.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
TimJ

*update*

Here is the scoop on the Cherokee. The aileron servo needed to be improved, as well as the motor to pull the airplane around. This took a little bit of time.

The GOOD NEWS is the Cherokee will start shipping at the end of January.