Neu Motor/Castle ESC settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neu Motor/Castle ESC settings

Hi,
What are you guys using for ESC settings with Neu inrunners? Need to fine-tune starting and braking - seems very violent especially with brake, threw prop/spinner upon initial test (flying now w/o brake but still seems rough on starup). FAQ/setup on Neu's page seems geard toward F5B.

Looking for :
-Brake type (hard/soft/delay)
-Soft Start (soft/fast)
-Throttle Response

Thank you
Old 11-02-2011, 10:36 AM
DaveL322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Neu Motor/Castle ESC settings

Joe,

The terms used on the Neu website are older settings, yes geared for F5B.

The hard restarts in the air are because the prop rpm has gotten too low, either form too high a brake setting, or using the brake during stall turns or spin entries.

Keep the brake % to 30 or less. Medium start power and throttle response - however, 99% of the hard restart issue is the brake %.

Regards,

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Hi,
What are you guys using for ESC settings with Neu inrunners? Need to fine-tune starting and braking - seems very violent especially with brake, threw prop/spinner upon initial test (flying now w/o brake but still seems rough on starup). FAQ/setup on Neu's page seems geard toward F5B.

Looking for :
-Brake type (hard/soft/delay)
-Soft Start (soft/fast)
-Throttle Response

Thank you
Old 11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Jetdesign

Thanks Dave - what about brake ramp? I was using fast start and throttle response - so I should reset those too.

Your throttle curve settings are night and day to what I was using - thanks! Might actually be a bit much for me/my plane/my motor, but REALLY woke my plane up.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 PM
DaveL322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah yes....ramp...fast or medium.

Regards,
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Joe,
  +1 to everything Dave said.  I have mine set to medium on ramp and start and throttle response and braking at 30% swinging the Falcon 21x14 on a De Ja Vu.  Honestly, I've just truly learned how to use the brake effectively.  This is a great setup.

Scott
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Jetdesign

Thanks guys.

This is one of the 1512 (1475kV) motors, not sure how different it is than the F3A motor (1513??) regarding construction, but after tuning the throttle curve, I can tell you this thing is a MONSTER. Interesting how the braking is different - could use 95% brake on my Scorpion, almost broke something with that brake on the Neu.

I'm spinning a 19x12 (new style) APC at 7600 rpm, peak powe of just over 3000W, and still staying at the 3000mah mark for battery consumption. And, nothing gets hot. Updating throttle curve has kept throttle stick down, pulling 2100W during flight and I think about 60A. Using about 6300rpm in the sky. Batteries are coming down at 3.83v

Now I just need to trim this plane out again - it actually was flying incredibly well with the Scorpion, just lacking top-end. Switched motors and have gobs more power, but don't feel connected to the airframe yet.