Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Deans vs. bullets for the battery

Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 AM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deans vs. bullets for the battery

Hello,

I currently putting together a 2M Vanquish and I am wondering if I should continue to use deans (as in all of my other planes) or change over to bullets (4.5 mm or 5.0 mm) for the battery to controller connection. My most power hungry plane draws about 65 amps and I have been using deans without any issues but I am wondering if I would be better off using bullets. Also, with bullets, it would be pretty easy to hook up two packs in series without having to rely on an additional adapter. Any thoughts?

If I were to go with bullets, is there a convention regarding male/female and +/-?

Thanks,

Teo
Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deans vs. bullets for the battery

I have been using Deans and copies for my 2 meters i several years only issue is that its a bit more difficult to solder them than bullet , I use one 4mm outsiden plane to arm the esc thats all .