Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

62 osiris trim ?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
mazjag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 62 osiris trim ?

Guys, I`m trying to get my 62 setup for my first event..My problem with my plane is in the upline, it pulls left..I fixed this by adding a washer under each dowel and increasing the right thrust. It seems to fly better, but after looking at it with the cowl on it seems like a good bit..I maybe took it from 2 degrees to like 4..It doesn`t seem after asking, that people need to do this and I`m messing up something else in the flight performance. Its built square and the rudder trim is correct...should I leave that or am I`m missing something...thx..Jason
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 62 osiris trim ?

We will need more information. Does it tuck to belly or to canopy on down lines. How does it feel inverted, do you have to push a lot to keep it up from falling out of inverted flight. 4 degrees of right trim may be excessive. First make sure you have the right CG, the start from there also make sure that you elevator and wing are aligned. Lets us know what you find out
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 AM
mazjag

Default RE: 62 osiris trim ?

The wing and tail are aligned and I was careful when I put it together measuring it several times.. The inverted flight takes just a touch of down for inverted level flight..The plane tucks slightly on the down line to the canopy..I hope to fix this with a throttle/elev.. mix.. I`m adding about a .040" washer under each dowel..I have some .020 shims I made out of an old cowl that I have not tried yet..Looking at the trim charts it seems like I should be able to pull the plane vertical and it go straight without any rudder input...without the shims it starts working it way left..I had to do the same thing on my 47" version Osiris as well...thanks for your input..