Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

BJ Craft G2 Essence

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:07 PM
RuneG

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Dave!
Got 6 flights in almost no wind yesterday .
Results so fare
Climbing in inverted at 45 deg.upline gone , but it needed 1 % more rud to elevator mix rud to down elev (2,5 %) , If I move battery more to front it will give even more need off mix(old School trimming tells me to move battery back..but thats generate climb inverted)
Not really sure what effect the canaliser has on KE mix and the climb on inv. (wich is gone now) if i reduce the angel off attack or opposite!?
Since I flown her last time I have about 100+ flights on a Neo Stage that is pretty different , it flies faster less downline drag and more locked on a line than the Essence , I have also now the tailfences on the Essence and it feels a bit more stiff on the tail than I remeber it but not more lock on the lines (maybe I remeber wrong on that)
But the plane flies good
Old 07-14-2018, 10:19 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RuneG
Well Dave!
Got 6 flights in almost no wind yesterday .
Results so fare
Climbing in inverted at 45 deg.upline gone , but it needed 1 % more rud to elevator mix rud to down elev (2,5 %) , If I move battery more to front it will give even more need off mix(old School trimming tells me to move battery back..but thats generate climb inverted)
Not really sure what effect the canaliser has on KE mix and the climb on inv. (wich is gone now) if i reduce the angel off attack or opposite!?
Since I flown her last time I have about 100+ flights on a Neo Stage that is pretty different , it flies faster less downline drag and more locked on a line than the Essence , I have also now the tailfences on the Essence and it feels a bit more stiff on the tail than I remeber it but not more lock on the lines (maybe I remeber wrong on that)
But the plane flies good
Rune.....
Everything you describe indicates tail heavy.
Try shutting off all mixing except downline (throt/elevator) and keep moving the battery forward until it knife edge straight.
This will also make it snap better and be more locked on.