Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Incidence help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Malapp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incidence help

I just flew my Griffin from f3A Unlimited. I set the airplane up as suggested in the build forum. I've never had to adjust incidence before. Here is my question. On the first flight, the plane required about four clicks of down elevator. I raised the leading edge of the stab about one turn on the set screws. That centered the elevators. Now, it looks like it is flying nose high and when I give it full throttle it does climb. Do I lower the leading edge of the wing now and how do I know when I have it set properly.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:12 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

The last adjustment should be in the stab, this is only to remove any trim you have in the elevators.

You should check your cg first before adjusting the wing.

If you havent bought CK Aeros trim guide it is very useful while you are learning how to adjust your plane.

Good Luck.
Chuck
Old 05-13-2015, 05:59 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

You may have a thrust line problem. I'd set the stab back to 0-0, work out the CG and wing incidence, and then adjust the thrust line so you get no change from zero to one hundred percent throttle.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:10 PM
fa18frog

Second CK Aero. Several good articles about trimming on the CK Aero website under the CK AEROPEDIA / BLOG Page. Including introductions to the Trim Guides listed above.

James