Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

A book for Beginners and Improvers to Pattern Flying

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 06:52 AM
barnowljenx

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default A book for Beginners and Inprovers to Pattern Flying

Hot off the press!

Yesterday evening, someone bought the 1,000 th copy sold of my book from Amazon Germany. My book has now been bought in 10 countries around the world despite it being available only in English. Sales through Amazon are:

530 paperbacks and
327 Kindles,

I have personally sold 143 paperbacks making up the total of 1,000 books sold.

This has surpassed my wildest expectations. However, it also means that 1,000 folk think enough of it to buy it!

Old 10-15-2023, 09:32 AM
barnowljenx

Default A book for Beginners and Improvers to Pattern Flying

2023 FAI Aerobatics Champion Lassi Nurila. Photo courtesy of Mark Allen.

CPLR perusing my book. Photo courtesy of Mark Allen.

The latest edition aerobatic book checked out by 2023 World Champion Lassi Nurila and 9 times World Champion, Christophe Paysant-Le Roux
Model Aircraft Precision Aerobatics – Edition 2 Amended

A Guide for Beginners and Improvers.

You won’t find another book like this one today! Ideal for you or as a present for someone keen to start or improve their aerobatics! Available on
<b>Amazon</b> Amazon
as a Kindle or Paperback.

The book has been mentioned in KFactor by Charlie Barrera (Aug ’21) and John Decker (Nov ’21), respectively the then President and Treasurer of the NSRCA.

Charlie said “If you are a pilot interested in precision aerobatics, you might take a look at this publication*. John said “It is a good book and definitely one to keep in your library”.

Andrew Palmer, New Zealand F3A Team and 21st in 2023 World Championships said “This second edition is a book I would thoroughly recommend to anyone starting out in aerobatic flying. It also contains some good words of advice for more experienced pilots.

It has received a 4.6 star rating on Amazon.com, and some of the reviews are below

Awesome RC aerobatics book! The new standard! – (Reviewed in the USA 3 Sep ’22)Excellent book. Concise and very clear. Very helpful. Recommend anytime to anyone in the hobby wishing to improve aerobatics skills

Excellent – (Reviewed in the USA on 5 Sep ‘22) - Very good book that covers a lot of ground.

Get your copy today and start improving your flying! The book has been updated and republished in January 2023.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:23 AM
barnowljenx

As Thanksgiving approaches, this book might make a great present for a budding pattern pilot or just someone who would like to fly better!
Amazon Amazon
Old 12-14-2023, 01:14 PM
barnowljenx

A recent purchaser of my book sent me the following feedback and he's happy for me to share it, so here it is!

Comment

I have been slowly digesting your book, not been putting anything into practise as have not had a chance to fly, I have checked out my Wot4 to ensure it’s ready to go mind so will using that for now.

I really like the easy way you have written it, for beginners but easy to get on with, having spent so many years with gliders I have got into a rut a little and although I thought I knew how to trim models this has reminded me of things I have not done for years but what is more a better understanding as to why, strange I know but I believe those who taught me back then were very good at explaining to me at the time but I more or less did it parrot fashion without really thinking about it but just recognising some traits. I am really enjoying it, just feel I must have become complacent over the years and with lack of time some models fell by the wayside before I had a chance to get to their full potential as they were not as good as I hoped. I feel I hadn't made the best use of my time unfortunately, due to more snatching a flight here and there and getting easily lead astray with new toys! That stops now and the New Year’s resolution is to make the most of what I have got and (one for the wife) sell on those I don’t used before getting another.

Your book has done so much more for me! 😂 focus being one important thing.

Thank you for that.