Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Nymphadora

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 12:44 PM
lukaspinter

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Nymphadora

Dear friends,

I am proud to present to you, our new pattern ship, Nymphadora. She is flying very well and so far I am very satisfied with the performance. Intention was to create a visually different model than what you can see on the market and yet make her functional for precise flying. No canaliser and simple lines is what makes her strong and recognizable. Cannot wait for the first competition with her. Model is manufactured in Europe, in cooperation with the PT model. Hand painted finish is done by myself, at LMP - Aircraft. Looking forward to hearing your opinions

The following 5 users liked this post by lukaspinter:
hofer (02-16-2022), perttime (06-01-2022), rcprecision (09-06-2021), Ricardo M. (09-05-2021), wattsup (09-05-2021)
Old 09-05-2021, 04:40 PM
Ricardo M.

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

A very unique design for sure. Congratulations.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:49 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the Nymphadora because the design is a departure from the current mainstream copy cat versions of basically the same thing but with different graphics and add on gimmicks. I would be willing to bet Luka had the thrust angles for the Jeti Contra-Drive figured out prior to production instead of an after thought. Well done Luka....

Last edited by wattsup; 09-06-2021 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Flowmotion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really an excellent design (and great color scheme).
If the model only flies half as well as it looks you can still become world champion with it
Old 09-08-2021, 06:30 PM
FBW

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Flowmotion
Really an excellent design (and great color scheme).
If the model only flies half as well as it looks you can still become world champion with it
Nooo.............ELECTRIC will never be good enough to win a world championship.
ONLY people that can fly an IC powered model have the skill to be the best....the rest will rely on aids like contra to make them look good....

Talking
The following users liked this post:
BATICSAERO (09-08-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 03:15 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, I would think twice before I used the phrase "ELECTRIC will never be good enough to win the world championship" let alone "ONLY people that can fly an IC powered model have the skill to be the best." I won't bother to address the third remark related to the use of Contra-Drives. I think the more appropriate approach would be to discuss all the components including the "politics" that has become a big part of the equation that results in the win or loss of a World Championship. How's that for a dose of reality?
The following users liked this post:
Flowmotion (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:45 PM
FBW

Talking

Originally Posted by wattsup
Personally, I would think twice before I used the phrase "ELECTRIC will never be good enough to win the world championship" let alone "ONLY people that can fly an IC powered model have the skill to be the best." I won't bother to address the third remark related to the use of Contra-Drives. I think the more appropriate approach would be to discuss all the components including the "politics" that has become a big part of the equation that results in the win or loss of a World Championship. How's that for a dose of reality?
Now that someone has responded............to be fair are we judging F3A pilot skill level or how well and easy the airframe is to fly ???
In the old days I think we also judged how well the model look...

The NYMPHADORA is a gorgeous looking plane and probably a good flyer but take away that Contra will it be as competitive ? This I doubt very much.
So leaving all the Politics out of this you can't claim to be the best when your skill is not doing all the work.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:52 AM
BrunoCH

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don't feed the troll...
The following 3 users liked this post by BrunoCH:
Flowmotion (09-10-2021), rcprecision (09-10-2021), wattsup (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 05:17 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Will this be available for sale through Hui Yang or another sales channel?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:19 PM
FBW

Originally Posted by BrunoCH
Don't feed the troll...
RELAX Dude.......
Old 09-12-2021, 10:18 PM
lukaspinter

Originally Posted by ltc
Will this be available for sale through Hui Yang or another sales channel?
No, this is done by us directly at LMP-aircraft in cooperation with PT-model ( basic kit production). Model is available through lmp-aircraft.com.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:07 AM
lukaspinter

Here you can see what basic kit of Nymphadora looks like. Forgot to put wheel pants on photo so they are included in kit as well

The following 2 users liked this post by lukaspinter:
Ricardo M. (09-13-2021), wattsup (09-14-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 11:39 AM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FBW
..........to be fair are we judging F3A pilot skill level or how well and easy the airframe is to fly ???........
.The NYMPHADORA is a gorgeous looking plane and probably a good flyer but take away that Contra will it be as competitive ? This I doubt very much.
So leaving all the Politics out of this you can't claim to be the best when your skill is not doing all the work.

Your point is fuzzy in your posts. You never answer your own question about what we are judging. You seem to say that having good equipment should be avoided if you want to prove you are the best pilot, so I guess you believe we are judging the pilot?
The truth is we are judging the whole program that allows the pilot to fly the best maneuvers. The "best pilot" doesn't win if he doesn't excel in all aspects of the stuff it takes to fly his model well enough to be the champion. This includes the selection of and maintaining the hardware and software and hours of practice concentrating on a small segment of flying RC models. The best pilot might be able to fly anybody else's plane better than the other guys but can he fly his model the best? Not if he doesn't do his homework.

Bottom line: it takes more than piloting skills to be world champion.

Jim O
The following 3 users liked this post by OhD:
big_G (09-14-2021), rcprecision (09-13-2021), wattsup (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 10:16 PM
ini

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FBW
The NYMPHADORA is a gorgeous looking plane and probably a good flyer but take away that Contra will it be as competitive ? This I doubt very much.
This is like taking an YS out and replacing it with a 2-stroke engine. Would that be as competitive?
Old 09-13-2021, 11:50 PM
FBW

Originally Posted by OhD
Your point is fuzzy in your posts. You never answer your own question about what we are judging. You seem to say that having good equipment should be avoided if you want to prove you are the best pilot, so I guess you believe we are judging the pilot?
The truth is we are judging the whole program that allows the pilot to fly the best maneuvers. The "best pilot" doesn't win if he doesn't excel in all aspects of the stuff it takes to fly his model well enough to be the champion. This includes the selection of and maintaining the hardware and software and hours of practice concentrating on a small segment of flying RC models. The best pilot might be able to fly anybody else's plane better than the other guys but can he fly his model the best? Not if he doesn't do his homework.

Bottom line: it takes more than piloting skills to be world champion.

Jim O
So Jim what you are saying is that the next big thing in F3A is a 3 Axis gyro .......that will make everyone fly at their beast !!!

Old 09-14-2021, 11:07 AM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FBW
So Jim what you are saying is that the next big thing in F3A is a 3 Axis gyro .......that will make everyone fly at their beast !!!
If I were King for a day I'd minimize the rules with the objective of flying better. I'd maintain a rigorous schedule of maneuvers that would require an airplane but not limit the competitor's ability to make it fly better and not require more and more power like we have been doing for 60 years. Most people don't try to compete with the world champ but compete against how good they were flying yesterday. My joy comes when I am flying better than last year, month, week, day etc. And I don't need judges to tell me. I've been there and understand the pitfalls of subjective judging.

Jim O
The following 2 users liked this post by OhD:
rcprecision (09-14-2021), wattsup (09-14-2021)
Old 02-15-2022, 08:44 AM
lukaspinter

Just a couple of shots from what ARC looks like. This one is going to be fully painted in our standard color scheme

The following 2 users liked this post by lukaspinter:
Ricardo M. (02-15-2022), wattsup (02-15-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 04:45 AM
lukaspinter

2022 graphic design update. Changes are on the wings and stabs. Great visibility in the air and I love the overall look on the ground as well

The following 4 users liked this post by lukaspinter:
hofer (05-02-2022), perttime (06-01-2022), Ricardo M. (05-02-2022), wattsup (05-02-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 04:31 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The styling of the Nymphadora is certainly distinctive and refreshing, compared with what you usually see at contests.
... unfortunately I am not qualified to comment on performance ...
Old 09-08-2022, 06:04 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do I buy one?
Old 09-08-2022, 11:42 PM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
How do I buy one?
Googling got me a website: https://lmp-aircraft.com/
Located in Slovakia, I think.