Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

AKIBA Interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:06 PM
FBW

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AKIBA Interceptor

Hi all,
I am setting up an AKIBA Interceptor with an Adverun Contra system and I would be very great full if anyone can supply me with the following information or any advice in general......

Wing incidence:
Control throws:
CoG Position:
Sidethrust /down thrust if any...:
Exponential:
Propeller selection and sizes front and back:

Many thanks
Old 03-23-2024, 10:05 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FBW, you might consider contacting the manufacturer/Akiba for these settings. As much as these planes cost, you would think that the least they could do for the consumer is to provide these basic numbers.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:09 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Because there has been over 400 views of this particular thread, I feel the need to add a couple more items to my response above. To take it a step further, let me also say that most manufacturers and retailers are really not concerned because they KNOW they can sell all the pattern planes they can build.This is true when you consider the shortage of materials, inflation and the current state of the world economy. The two retailers I have had success with after the sell are AJ Aircraft and CK Aero. Not only do they stand behind their products but both are more than willing to give you advice, directions or suggestions to help you "figure it out". Why? Because they care. Ask yourself, are the other retailers truly interested in the future of pattern as we know it today? Probably not, simply because their main focus is the NEXT order and how fast and how much they can get paid. So what does this all boil down to? It starts with the manufacturer who could care less if you, the consumer, needs advice or guidance. They assume that if you are able to afford these overpriced toys, then you should be able to "figure it out". Nothing could be further from the truth. Have you ever wondered why you see fewer and fewer pattern flyers each season? FBW, who started this thread, is just one of the many examples. He spent a lot of money for his Akiba Interceptor and now is forced to "figure it out". I can't speak for you but IMHO, something has got to change or pattern as we know it will cease to exist within 3-5 years. This is only my opinion based on my pattern experience over the last 35 years and can only hope my prediction is wrong ie, the numbers don't lie. I encourage everyone to take the time to promote pattern on the local level and above all, help these new pattern flyers because they are the future. Never forget, you needed help when you started flying pattern and now they need your help. Here's hoping everyone has a safe and fun filled pattern season. Let's go fly...who wants to call for me?

Last edited by wattsup; 04-06-2024 at 07:11 AM.