Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Hacker C50 Brake

Old 05-27-2006, 04:32 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hacker C50 Brake

Has anyone tried the soft brake on the Hacker C50 with gearbox? It would seem to me one could assure himself of not stopping the motor in flight by bumping up the throttle trim in maneuvers like spins and stall turns and landing and take it out for all other flying with the net result of slower downlines. Any reason not to try it?

Jim O
Old 05-28-2006, 10:49 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hacker C50 Brake

Jim, my son is using the soft brake function with his Hacker 90 controller and C50XL. The prop does not stop in the air, in fact, the brake seems to kick in right after landing and he is pulling the trim down past his low idle position and the prop will stop. It doesn't stop suddenly, it takes about a 1/4 revolution to stop. I don't think there is any (or very little) gear strain during this stop.

Don Atwood
Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 AM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hacker C50 Brake

I've tried it. Didn't really see a lot of difference, it was marginal at best. Prop stops in a second or two. Fast wind milling prop or stopped prop, it's quiet though.