Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Jeti Advance 90 vs. Hacker Master 90 Acro

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Adrian_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeti Advance 90 vs. Hacker Master 90 Acro

Hi,

I'm interested in Hacker C50 Acro 14XL 6.7:1 (non-competiton) setups using Thunder power 10S1P Extreme. For the ESC can I just use the Jeti Advance 90 over the Hacker Master 90 Acro. ? Apart from the new F3A braking and 12 LiPo cells, is there any more advantage that I should look at from the Hacker ESC ?
I fly non-competitive F3A and JETI is cheaper than the Hacker; and I'm going with 10S LiPo. I plan to use the setups on MK TOPSTAR E.
Your inputs are much appreciated..

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Jeti Advance 90 vs. Hacker Master 90 Acro

You can use the Jeti Opto with your Hacker just fine. The adjustments for timing and such are more restrictive than with the Hacker controller. The Jeti Opto 90 allows for inrunner or outrunner, but does not allow you to set a specific degree of timing like the Hacker does. Both controllers are made by Jeti as you probably know, so quality between those two controllers would not be an issue.

If you think you might want the flexibility, go for the Hacker, guys have been able to get just a bit more power with their Hacker motors by being able to adjust the timing. Braking... I think it depends on the style of flying and the model itself as to whether it's necessary, but if you think you might want to play with it then go for the Hacker. I don't use it myself, and it's not needed with my models. I'm told I fly too slow anyway!

If price is the issue, then you will not go wrong with the Jeti... that controller is darned near bullet proof. If cost is not an issue, or you want more options for the future, the Hacker controller will serve you well.

And this is from a guy who sells Jetis and not Hackers... FWIW

Tom M.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:04 PM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

The 90 acro doesn't have f3a braking, just the standard brake. It also only goes up to 10s. It's basically the same as the jetti, just a few more parameters you can change if you have the program box. I'd get the jeti and save some money or get the new jeti spin, if you want the other features.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Adrian_A

Yes, price is the issue here. Hacker is considerably more than Jeti at this time, and I'd like to save for more LiPo packs. The Hacker C50 Acro 14XL 6.7:1 (non-competion) switching frequency is 8kHz, exactly what Jeti Advance 90 provides (single setting at 8kHz) and I'm going to use 10S LiPos. As for the braking feature, I've read Jason Shulman's note in this forum, and to my style of flying, I think I can get by without the braking feature
So, Jeti Advance it is..
Thanks guys, really appreciate it..