Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Power 160 motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Jon Wise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power 160 motor

Has anyone tried the Eflite Power 160 motor in a 2m pattern plane? If so, how was it? Horizon says it can produce 2700 watts of power. The Hacker C50XL puts out 2200 watts (according to Hacker). That is what the guys up here run on their 2M planes. I have a new Brio I am going to build electric. I'm planning to use the Power 160, Castle Creations 110HV esc, & 2 Thunder Power prolite 4200mah 5S packs. This will be my first large electric. Hope this works as planned. Thanks Jon
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Power 160 motor

You are going to have weight issues with the Brio in all likelyhood. Using the smaller packs is only asking for trouble. The best setup for the Brio is the Hacker just because of weight issues. By the way I have a Hacker C50 14XL available for $350. <g>This is not the Comp version though. I've seen a few Brios done with the AXI F3A though that all just barely made 11 lbs if not just over. Also, you don't need the CC 110HV. THe 85HV will be just fine and save you some weight. And stick with either the TP5300 Prolites or the Duralite F3A 5350's.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:49 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: J Lachowski
The best setup for the Brio is the Hacker just because of weight issues. By the way I have a Hacker C50 14XL available for $350.
[sm=lol.gif]
LOL
I hope you can see the humor in that.. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
(The best setup for you is the Hacker and BTW I have one for sale)

There are many options now.. The Eflite 160 I have not seen.. It is an Axi 5330/F3A clone though.. Quite a few of us have switched to the Dualsky 6360.. Same great power as the Axi but lighter..

I have seen Brio's underweight with the Axi.. And if you aren't going to the Nats, who cares anyway.. Your setup will be fine I'm sure.. What class are you flying? I would think the 4200's would be ok for Sportsman through Advanced.. I ran 3700's last year in Masters.. They were not big enough.. I had to really be careful..

Please let us know how it does.. I was curious to know how it did a while back.. No one apparently ran it cuz i never got a reply to the thread..
Good luck...

Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Jon Wise

Thanks for the replies. I fly intermediate. I'm in Alaska so not much chance of me going to the NATS. We usually fly 2 flights per round. There are 2 other guys flying electric pattern planes( they fly FAI). They fly 1 flight then land as soon as they land the next guy takes off and flys 1 flight while the first guy changes batteries. I would do the same thing. I work at a local hobby shop and like to use the products we carry. That is why I want to use the Power 160. We carry Horizon and Great planes products. Can't get hacker and axi. Thanks Jon