Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Which is the best

Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best

Hi
I was wondering which is the best between the AXI f3A and the Plettenberg. The only thing I heard about the AXI is that is a tad heavy which is not a big deal as most 2M F3A planes are tail heavy.
So is the Pletty worth the almost extra 200 quid? If so why?

Mike

Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Which is the best

Of the guys I know that have them, none has had a bad thing to say or have had a problem with them. The AXI on the otherhand I have heard people having issues. Mostly minor though. I personally am going from the Hacker C50 13XL to the Pletty on my two new Integrals for this season. I still like and have C50's in my existing two planes, but decided to get away from the every 50 flight maintenance. Shulman Aviation has a new motor coming out that is very similar to the Pletty and should be a bit cheaper. I know a few guys are testing them for Jason right now before it is fully released.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:33 AM
f3a05

Default RE: Which is the best

My experience-limited ,as yet, with the Pletty:
AXI-noisier, heavier,slightly more fussy re timing on CCHV85HV esc-mine is OK,but some won't behave with the latest firmwareand the brake is noisy with the earlier firmware...
Pletty-quieter,smoother,easier on the CC85HV to program.
Able to use the APC21x14-I think the max on the AXI might be the 20.5X14The pletty is really nice on the 21x14.
Lighterthis can help the downlines without having to use the brake-esp on the 21x14...