Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

E. pattern problems

Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Jim Grunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E. pattern problems

Hi. Let me start out by saying I'm new to electric pattern flying and I have encountered some problems. Number one there is no smoke trail so I can't tell where I've been. Number two I need a louder muffler because I cannot hear my motor. And number three possibly the most important what do you guys spray your planes with so your caller/wife has something to clean off of your plane as you look on drinking a adult malted beverage. Right now number three is not a big problem due to the cold temperatures but when it gets warm and the shorts come out this is going to be very important. Please help. Jim p.s. electric pattern sure is nice are you sure it's legal in all 50 states
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
byoung466
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: E. pattern problems

The trick to something to wipe off is to hit the bugs that are flying around. I have never had to worry about my wife wiping off the plane though, shes the one sitting in the chair sleeping.....where did you find yours?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
bobferguson

I don't know about all 50 states but it is legal in Canada. In fact I believe two of our Canadian F3A team fly electric as well as one of our club members. He is usually in the top three at pattern events. I used to be the one with the expensive electrics till he converted to electric now I am second at our club.

ORIGINAL: Pattern nut

Hi. Let me start out by saying I'm new to electric pattern flying and I have encountered some problems. Number one there is no smoke trail so I can't tell where I've been. Number two I need a louder muffler because I cannot hear my motor. And number three possibly the most important what do you guys spray your planes with so your caller/wife has something to clean off of your plane as you look on drinking a adult malted beverage. Right now number three is not a big problem due to the cold temperatures but when it gets warm and the shorts come out this is going to be very important. Please help. Jim p.s. electric pattern sure is nice are you sure it's legal in all 50 states
Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Jim Grunt

Believe it or not I found her at a bowling alley. We were on a singles bowling league and I was dating her best friend.