Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Plettenberg F3A motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Plettenberg F3A motor

Woodie, I see where they state 565g. I wonder if that is a typo? Anyways, I too am a bit disappointed to learn that this motor is on the "heavy" side. Truth is I never weighed mine as it came already installed in my new Pegasus (thanks Larry!) Also, I know I keep beating this dead horse, but the 25-12 spins a 20.5 x 14.5 faster than the Advance at a cost of about 5 to 10 amps but with 70g less weight so I am certain Plettenberg could have made the Advance lighter if they tried.

and,

Jason, You should have been a comedian

Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Jason Arnold

ORIGINAL: 2Sunny

Woodie, I see where they state 565g. I wonder if that is a typo? Anyways, I too am a bit disappointed to learn that this motor is on the ''heavy'' side. Truth is I never weighed mine as it came already installed in my new Pegasus (thanks Larry!) Also, I know I keep beating this dead horse, but the 25-12 spins a 20.5 x 14.5 faster than the Advance at a cost of about 5 to 10 amps but with 70g less weight so I am certain Plettenberg could have made the Advance lighter if they tried.

and,

Hi Joe,

Yes, I must have missed my calling in life. One has to always look at the bright side.. lol

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:04 PM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: 2Sunny

Woodie, I see where they state 565g. I wonder if that is a typo? Anyways, I too am a bit disappointed to learn that this motor is on the ''heavy'' side. Truth is I never weighed mine as it came already installed in my new Pegasus (thanks Larry!) Also, I know I keep beating this dead horse, but the 25-12 spins a 20.5 x 14.5 faster than the Advance at a cost of about 5 to 10 amps but with 70g less weight so I am certain Plettenberg could have made the Advance lighter if they tried.

and,

Joe, mine weighed 567g right out of the box, sans prop mounting hardware. The little collet base must be used, but a much lighter bolt and prop washer could be substituted. The F3AU motor mount is pretty light. I hate to make wild-@$$ guesses because I didn't weigh it, but the total mounting hardware was probably about 40g, and front-rear mounting is much eaiser than a firewall.

Flying it this weekend (mounted in the Caelestia) at Stormville all day Sat and Sun if you can make it. Hope you can make it to Pocono.