Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Need 8mm collet spinner adapter

Old 02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 8mm collet spinner adapter

Looking for a collet that will fit a 8mm motor shaft to accept a prop AND a spinner.

Tru-Turn seems to make them in smaller sizes:
http://www.truturn.com/cgi-bin/store...exact_match=on

I have a lightweight metal spinner that I want to mount on my electric plane. I can order a standard brass spinner adapter but would like to save the weight.

Essentially I'm looking for a collet prop adapter that's tapped in the threaded end to accept a spinner bolt.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Velco

Default RE: Need 8mm collet spinner adapter

I have these and plan to use them on my Kyosho Kelly project, not collet but I think this is even better:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9987

Velco

Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM
2Sunny

Just ordered a [link=http://www.castlecreations.com/products/neumotors/1900/1920/1920-2_5y.html]Neu 1920/2.5Y[/link] just to try for comparisons sake. Just over 500g and good for 3000 to 5000 watts with a kv of 200. Should be interesting to see how it performs. I ordered the motor with an 8mm shaft so now I'm in the market for the same collet. I have a smaller one that fits on my C50 motor so I'm certain someone makes them. I know Neu has a collet, but its not bored out for a spinner bolt. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Old 02-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Jetdesign

I'm buying a drill press tomorrow and am going to tap my existing collet. Can't seem to find one for 8mm shaft, only an adapter which just adds weight. Shouldn't be too difficult to make, and cheap enough to replace.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2Sunny, interesting choice, any idea what the performance of that motor is? They don't publish the constants, likely because it's special order, but it would be interesting to be able to plug that in and see what it could do in the calc programs.

Tom M
Old 02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Jetdesign

Yes, I am itching to know something about this motor! I almost was going to get one, but I don't do guinea pig as well as Joe does

Everyone at Neu and Castle Creations talks about the torque of this motor series. On paper it looks great, and I can't understand why they keep trying to steer me toward a geared F3A motor (ok maybe cuz it puts more bread in their baskets).

I'll keep y'all posted on the collet.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Magne

On Neu's site they have a motor calculator programme, that calculates power, amp, pitch speed etc. for the different motors.
I put the data for the 19 seies into the calculation, and got efficiencies down in the 70% area.
Hope I did something wrong!!!

Magne