RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pattern Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/)
-   -   Sebart Angel S Evo 50E (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pattern-aircraft-385/6808127-sebart-angel-s-evo-50e.html)

sideshow 12-04-2009 08:11 PM

RE: Sebart Angel S Evo 50E

Dammit! Esprit models got their shipment....but they're (mistakenly) all yellow! I pre-ordered a blue/red/white on months ago (yes, it matters to me that much....don't know why). They didn't want to make me a deal on either a yellow one, or on a Miss wind, so I cancelled. This stinks....I need a plan B.

Any suggestions?

spock5643 11-19-2010 02:34 PM

What is everybody doing to keep the canopy on, just had to buy a new one to replace the one that flew off in flight. maybe just a simple rod that goes thru the fuz behind the turtle deck. Of course I could just use a small piece of tape.

-Rick

tIANci 11-21-2010 11:02 AM

Rick ... I was most fortunate, mine never came off. If you want something good, add 2 tabs to the back of the canopy and use screws, don't forget the T nuts, see how they do it on the Wind S 110. A simple solution is some tape at the back to the turtle deck, use surgical tape or the 3M/Scotch ones they use for marking library books.

spock5643 11-21-2010 02:06 PM

I just did the tape to much hassle to put the screws in each time you want to change batteries. I also put a loop of tape so that it created a tab and you just pull up to break the magnets lose.

-Rick

matt13 11-22-2010 05:48 AM

I used a canopy lock (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9218) glued to the top of the canopy with the pin going through the rear fueslarge former.

I found that sometimes these plastic latchs would slip on the wire which is just a friction fit making it diffecult to undo, so a dob of solder on the wire was needed.

I also found it hard to lift the canopy off because the magnets are strong, so I fitted a small dowel on one side to help lift it off.

My Angle is now over 350+ flights and still going strong, I am now flying a Wind S Pro for my competition model and is even nicer, the Wind S 50 is starting to become popular and sits better in windy weather as it is a heavier model, but the Angle lands on a dime compared to it.

spock5643 11-22-2010 10:44 AM

I took a piece of White electrical tape and made a loop on the back that creates a lifting point. I use a small piece of blenderm tape to hold the canopy on. This is a very nice flying model and will do both precision and 3D. I am currently running a Scorpion 4020-10 on 5S 5000 MAH 40C packs. 7.5 minute flights are using 50% of the battery. Given everything the 4000 MAH packs are better but the flight times are limited to 7 minutes. I am going to build a Miss Wind S and just collecting parts for that. I wish they had the Miss Wind S in the 110 or 140 size but alas they do not offer this.

tIANci 11-22-2010 12:34 PM

Spock ... sell your first born along with a kidney and get the Ms Wind S 2M. :)

spock5643 11-22-2010 01:39 PM

Composite is not in the cards. I am more of a 3D IMAC person so the Wind S with the 3D tail would be a better choice. The Miss Wind is such a classic looking design nothing like it out there.

-Rick

RCflyboy99 12-26-2010 04:13 PM

Hey Guys,
                     was just catchin up on this. My angel has flown nearly 50-60 times i reckon. My canopy hasnt caused any dramas, Still using original magnets and everything.
i can agree with the trim issue. the trim on my Left wing has peeled. had to ge the iron on to it.. but everything else is great... I love it. Would sell it in a million years..

Now onto my next project.

BaldEagel 11-27-2015 03:11 AM

Anyone still flying one of these?

Mike

vilelas 11-28-2015 11:59 AM

I m flying one in portuguese f3A cup....

BaldEagel 11-28-2015 03:45 PM

Vielas

Is that an electric version or IC, whatever it is what's the specification? I have both, one with and AXI and one with a West 50, haven't flown either for a while as I have been a bit busy.

Mike

vilelas 12-01-2015 03:24 PM

I m flying the eléctric

vilelas 12-01-2015 03:27 PM

My setup is RC plus digital servos 16#8 prop and axi 4120 motor .

BaldEagel 12-01-2015 04:13 PM

I put a 4130/16 in mine, had it over from something else and it fitted, unlimited performance on six cells, digital servo's on all surface's, but I think I prefer the IC version as it has a longer duration and seems to grove better being that little bit heavier on take off.

Mike

Rudix 08-19-2017 11:37 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The Sebart Angel S EVO 50e might be long out of production but I found one, new in the box, for a great price. I am hoping it will be a good tool to use to get back into pattern after around 20 years. The kit was complete other than the spinner and wing mounting bolts, since the bolts are 4mm they were easy to find.

The plane is equipped with an OS 5025-375 motor running on 6S 5000mah packs swinging a 16x10E APC prop. I am using a Jeti spin 99 ESC. On the ground I can see that I might have to go up one prop size but for now I will fly it the way it is.

Attachment 2228598

Attachment 2228599

As you can see I still need to get a spinner!
Next on the workbench is a Sebart MythoS 50e and then a 125.

Rudi

bem 08-20-2017 12:07 AM

Hi,
I have the smaller Sebart Angel S30E and it flies very well. The 50 seize version should give You many enjoyable flights.
(I have also Sebart Wind S50E, the model that came after Angel S50E, and other Sebart models like MythoS 125E and MythoS Pro).
One in our club has an Angel S50E but he use a Saito 4-stroke engine (there is a glow engine mount avaliable for this plane). Flies great.
Have fun and welcome back to to pattern flying.

/Bo

Rudix 08-20-2017 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by bem (Post 12361409)
Hi,
I have the smaller Sebart Angel S30E and it flies very well. The 50 seize version should give You many enjoyable flights.
(I have also Sebart Wind S50E, the model that came after Angel S50E, and other Sebart models like MythoS 125E and MythoS Pro).
One in our club has an Angel S50E but he use a Saito 4-stroke engine (there is a glow engine mount avaliable for this plane). Flies great.
Have fun and welcome back to to pattern flying.

/Bo

Thanks for the info, yes, it looks like a nice plane, hope to maiden it one afternoon this week, still need to setup a few things on the radio. The Sebart planes are really well made! I can't wait to get stuck into my MythoS 50e and then the 125. There is also a pro at one of the local hobby shops, might just get it for later. There are no local motors for it so I would have to import that but that is not a major problem, just take a bit longer so needs better planning!

Thanks, nice to be back and a new challenge, planning to practice intensely the rest of this year and then start entering contests next year.

Rudi

ltc 08-20-2017 09:23 AM

Very rare find!
white/green/red hasn't been offered by Sebart for a few years now
Best of luck !

Rudix 11-06-2017 06:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A quick report.

My Angel S Evo 50e has now been flown quite a bit, I am using it as a "keep in the car" practice plane allowing me to fly a few times a week after work. I now have it trimmed to my satisfaction and it is flying well with the motor (OS 5025-375KV) being really smooth with more than enough power. I am running an APC 16x10 prop and I am getting 12+ minutes of pattern flying with 40% + remaining (6S 5000mah Gensace packs) so I think the motor is still under propped. I have a 150A telemetry sensor that I will put in the plane to see what the max current draw is like in the air and then decide if I should change the prop.

Early morning practice session.
Attachment 2243855

She has now been joined by other pattern planes but still flies more than the rest!

Rudi

Rudix 11-27-2017 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
More flying with a current draw telemetry sensor showed that the OS 5025-375Kv only drew around 42A on take-off and less in the air with the 16x10 APC prop. I have now changed the prop to a 17x12 APC. On take-off it now draws 66A and then drops to a max below 60A in flight (only on verticals, level flight is below 30A). This is perfect still giving me an easy 10 minutes plus and unlimited verticals. On landing the motor/ESC is barely warm to the touch.

This seems to be a bit more prop than what OS suggested but since I am flying at a ground level of 5000' (up to 9000' + density altitude on a summers day) that could explain the difference. She is now really a pleasure to fly with the trimming mostly complete. She flies a bit faster than my other "F3A trainers" and that is just perfect for a windy day.

The graph below shows the current draw (green line) and the throttle setting (red line) of a short flight with the Angel, the data is from the telemetry log. I still need to change the throttle curve a bit (linear at the moment) to get my "cruise" throttle setting to be at about mid-stick the way I prefer it.

Attachment 2246329

Rudi

Rudix 09-15-2020 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed my old posts here while searching for something else, well, 3 years and lots of flying later the Angel S evo 50e is still flying well! She is still in perfect condition and I fly her on a regular basis as a fun flying plane with a bit of F3A practice thrown in.

Attachment 2268209
Ready for action at my private desert strip.

Rudix 10-28-2020 01:23 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Still having fun with this old lady! Took her out early this morning for a practice session.

Attachment 2268490

Attachment 2268491

Attachment 2268492