Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

brushless motor not working after crash

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

brushless motor not working after crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:38 PM
cjg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless motor not working after crash

I am repairing an Art-tech Falcon 3d for a friend after a crash. The tail boom had bent, tail gear stripped, and the tail rotor housing broken.

Got the the tail replaced, etc. All the servos work and respond, including the collective servo, but the motor does not work. The ESC appears to arm and light up. The gears all mesh and turn smoothly. The throttle control plug is on the correct channel in the receiver according to the manual. All motor connections are secure, etc.

Any suggestions? Parts are hard to get. Did the ESC burn out in the crash, or did the brushless 400 motor buy it?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: brushless motor not working after crash

do you have another motor available? You can temporarily plug in the motor and see if the ESC runs the motor or not. If the other motor works, then the motor in the heli burned out from the crash. You might get lucky and see a bad wire or connection though.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM
augerin2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brushless motor not working after crash

I would also check the conections. I've had connections go bad after a crash & had to re- solder them. Also I had a Align motor act up after a crash somthing lossened internally in the motor. had to wiggle the motor wires to get it to work. Got sick of it and finally replaced it with a Scoprian.