Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Which Radio to buy????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Which Radio to buy????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:53 PM
plane_pilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Radio to buy????

I'm looking at getting a radio to start my upgrades on my HB. Which radio would be better for me to grow with? I like the Eclipse or the Airtronic RD6000 super. Any suggestions on ease of use, pros - cons. I have been reading about the eclipse problems with going seperates. Is this a common problem?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Radio to buy????

I've heard a lot of good things about the Eclipse, I think either one of those will be a great choice.

I personally have an Airtronics RD 6000 Super and I know I've said it many times, it's awesome! Just feels so nice in my hands, smooth precise controls, the programming is easy once you initially go over everything. You actually choose between Th, Gy, Ai etc. on the menu vs. channel 1,2,3,4 etc. like on some other radios where you could accidentally get confused, the gyro sensitivity is not on a knob so you don't accidentally turn it... has all the options you'll ever need unless maybe you go with a scale heli with lifts and retracts and bunch of stuff like that but other than that, I can't find anything else that I'd ever need for heli's or planes, 8 model memory, pcm compatible, 5pt throttle + pitch curves 3pt revo mixing... etc. etc. Also looks great.

btw. I ran a Piccolo with seperates before and haven't had any probs, I did occasionally have to turn the radio off then on to initialize the tail but no biggie...