Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Calling all FEDA experts, HELP ME!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Calling all FEDA experts, HELP ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:26 PM
markswift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all FEDA experts, HELP ME!!

Hello I really need help,

I am about to purchase one and have the following problems, I was informed that you are ALL very knowledgeable on the FEDA’s, my problem is:

There seems to be a couple of versions available, the following are 2 that I have seen

1) With Futaba Skysport radio, feda mixing board, separate 6 channel receiver, and separate century gyro, it includes the usual servo’s.

2) With some unknown transmitter, and an all in one mixer/gyro/receiver, possibly similar to the piccoboard.

My query is. Which one of these 2 copters is the best, I want a good hover, and thought that maybe the one with the seperate gyro etc may be a better deal (Both the same price). I also though that the seperates enabled me two add future upgrades easier. Also is there any flying differences between all the different FEDA versions? They all go on about this version 5 (Hummingbird copy), what happens if I get an earlier one, will I know?? changes??

Best regards

Mark

Hope you can answer all this!! Thanks again
Old 08-01-2003, 07:13 AM
helimik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can get both at the same price, go with the separates, both heli's are exactly the same except for the electronics. The one you saw with everything on one board is the latest edition of the FEDA Dragonfly, early versions used separates. They can probably make it cheaper with an all-in-one board. The heli is the same.

You may have also seen the Century Hummingbird. They are both the same heli, just the Century is from a company here in America and they only sell it with separates. The Feda one is from a company in China. They both fly the same. The Century one has an extra fin on it and it also has two more supports that go from the undercarriage to about half way back on the boom. Not needed extra weight. Here is a good place to go for tips for your Hummingbird.

http://www.helihobby.com/html/tipstricks.html

I have been able to get mine to stay in a hover for about 5 seconds with no hands then it drifts off, that's only when I get the trims exactly right. It will hover nice with proper setup.

If you buy the one with the all in one board, you can only use the transmitter that comes with it. It is a Zhen Hua PCM-4CH transmitter. All of ours come in Mode 1, I had to take mine apart and change it to Mode 2. Throttle and rudder on the left stick. Not to hard. All of the directions in the box were in Chinese to. You can go here to get directions in English if you need them

http://www.amersfoortairport.com/indexe.html

Click on helicopters in the left hand column, that will take you to a new page and you will find a download for them under Dragonfly Helicopter.

Good luck
Old 08-02-2003, 04:39 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

go separates for the same price.

the gyro in the all-in-one board is nothing special.

i kept my control mode 1, the mode you fly is a personal choice, and my dragonfly came with English instructions.