Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Li-Poly Charger NG

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Li-Poly Charger NG

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:58 PM
Simbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-Poly Charger NG

I just received my LI-poly battery and charger, charged the battery once, was Great , then i changed all of the connectors over to one style for all the batteries i have ( the bird and the li-poly) when't to go recharger the Li-poly and now all i get is a flashing red light, and yes i got all the polarities right,

going to call the people i got it from, but i am sure that since i changed connectors that theres nothing they can do.

any on else have a problem with the Apache smart Charger before
Old 08-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Gazoo

It is possible that you fried the batteries. If you cut the lead that is connected to the battery you may have shorted it out. I have heard that shorting the leads even for a fraction of a second can ruin the batteries, and to cut one wire at a time. I hope this is not what happened to you but it is the only thing I can think of.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:35 AM
Popcyclical

Default Li-Poly Charger Input Voltage

This may not be your problem but on my Apache 2 cell charger, I get the blinking red light if the input voltage to the charger is out of range. Input voltage of more than 14 volts causes it to Kick-off-line causing the blinking red light. Cut the voltage back to between 12 and 13.8 volts and it works OK on mine.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:30 AM
jeffs555

Do you have a 2-cell or a 3-cell pack? How long did you fly on your first flight with the pack? It is possible that you overdischarged the pack on your first flight, and your problem has nothing to do with your new connectors. If you have a meter, then measure the voltage at the pack, and if it is below 9volts for a 3-cell pack or 6volts for a 2-cell pack this may be your problem.

Jeff
Old 08-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Simbo

Thanks all

I think Jeff got it, after heli would not lift off, i was making some adjustments on a servo still using that low battery, i don't think the voltage was under 6 but it was close, i let stand overnite and tried a new charge with the battery at 6.7v and now the light stays on

Thanks Again