Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXI 450 Build - setup issues

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXI 450 Build - setup issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 AM
patryn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXI 450 Build - setup issues

I have an EXI 450 a friend of mine gave me. He put everything together except the receiver, sat around for a while, and then handed off to me to get running. However, I'm having a few issues. Here are the hardware stats.

Gyro: DCTRUM GY48V

Servos: DCTRUM something

ESC: Exceed-RC Proton 30A

Receiver: AR6100

I hooked up the programming board to the ESC and everything was selected properly on "soft cut", etc. Then I hooked everything up to the receiver. Once powered on, all the servos spaz and try to over extend themselves. I disconnected all the servos and hooked the esc back up to the battery but still have never heard any beeps from it to let me know it's recognised the battery cell count or initialised like it says on the instruction sheet. I don't know if this is because the motor wires aren't hooked up or what.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM
ptb

Default RE: EXI 450 Build - setup issues

If your servos are jumping all around, your not bound,(your transmitter to your receiver ).
And you need your motor wire's connected, to hear the beep's, as the sound come's from the motor not the esc.
Do this , without the rotor blades on .
Old 02-15-2011, 08:29 AM
patryn

Right and right, ptb. My T and R were bound, but I forgot I had hit reset on the profile since it was originally set up for a CP Pro2. I didn't even realize motors can beep. Learn something new every day.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 AM
patryn

New issue. The tail servo rod keeps binding. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount it and/or make sure the tail returns to "neutral"?