Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

rudder problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

rudder problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Simbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rudder problem

Hello All

Having a rudder problem on my Feda/HB , I have to keep the rudder trim almost full right to keep it from spinning ccw, it seems that when I first got it I didn’t have to keep it that far over, I have changed the tail motor and the speed/mixer (HB S/M), it has a PG-03 gyro, I have played with the gain with no luck, the trim is so far over that now if I put a lot of right rudder input on TX (Laser 4) it cuts out the tail motor,.

Do gyro’s go bad in this fashion ? Or do I just have something set up wrong
Old 08-11-2003, 01:37 AM
AtomHeartMother

Default rudder problem

Even when the stock motor/rudder was in place I never liked it.
Yes your gyro could take a poop on you if maybe you crashed it hard.
Is the gyro set so you can see both a green and a red led when you adjust the setting screw (not the gain screw)? If not, that would cause what you describe. That "centering" screw gets out of whack very easily. I find from time to time I have to re-center it to get both red/green led's showing.
That being said, I switched to a gws direct drive tail motor with a 3x2 prop. It looks funny, and sounds funny, but works really well. Very good tail authority and no more fighting the rudder. That modification would require you go separates though....
Anyway, check that as well as gear mesh on your tail rotor pinion and spur gear. Make certain they aren't tight at all. The spur gear should be able bounce ever so slightly against the pinion teeth.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Simbo

Default rudder problem

Thanks Atom

Checked all that , every things ok, but still need lot of rudder trim.

Time for me to upgrade to a new heli and give this one to my son.