Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

battery question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

battery question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM
jedi_cAz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery question

This is probably dumb question but with these new battery's out and flash ESC for brush less motors. right question i have an walkera 4F200LM devo 7 controller., Do i have to stick with the 7.4 volt 1500mAh li-po or will this run an 11.1v 1500mAh li-po will that be likely to burn out the ESC motor and receiver only reason i ask this this as most of the battery's off the website i buy off all the 7.4v 1500mAh have different connector on them apart from this walkera 11.1v one for the walkera 400 lama or just easier to change connectors?. buy right voltage?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
cubaneight

Default RE: battery question

Stick with battery voltage that the model was designed for as increasing the voltage by adding another cell is almost certainly going to do damage. Changing connectors is not a difficult job providing that you can make a good job of soldering. There's loads of info on the web about learning to soft solder and the equipment you'll need. Good soldering is such a useful skill and not just for modelling related tasks.

Good luck

C8
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
jedi_cAz

Default RE: battery question

ok thought as much but had to ask. thanks