Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Which is the best Sim???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Which is the best Sim???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 01:48 AM
coltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best Sim???

I've tried FMS, Piccofly & Easyfly. While they're all good at teaching you the controls, the actual models they use (even the ones based on electric helis) suffer from the same drawback. They simply don't replicate the true twichyness of a real micro heli. Using them feels like flying in treacle!
So my question is which is the best sim that gives a true representation of our wonderful speedy & skittish electric helis.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:26 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which is the best Sim???

My brother borrowed Dad's with Realfight G2 and played a fair bit. All the helis they have are way to stable to be a micro-heli. But there is a setting that controlls the speed. You can slow it down to give yourself more reaction time (good for teaching yourself inverted and such) He sped it up and it behaved more like a micro. I borrowed it to try to learn nose in. It will not run well neough on my ancient PC. Oh well.
Really, the best point about the Sims is getitng a newbie used to the controls, and letting them learn to keep the tail straight while trying to hover.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Jaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which is the best Sim???

Ikarus has a sim for the piccolo. Go to www.ikarus.net for more info.